Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cranny, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Yes. The exceptions are Paranoid, TE and NSD.

Given your description of your experience with the Vol. 4 Sanctuary (I am assuming the "2019" was a typo and what you have is the 2009), maybe you're good with the original WB after all.

hi_watt likes this.
  2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Maybe I'm wrong but I always remember Bill being sort of somewhat lost in the mix on Vol. 4. I have the original U.K. vinyl and would have to listen again. I do like the WB, 2009 Sanctuary, and Castle though.

3. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Depends on the track, but yeah, a bit.

On “Snowblind” I think he is mixed beautifully.

And mix aside, I think “Wheels Of Confusion” is the greatest “air drumming” song of all time. I can lose 5 pounds getting through that one! :)

4. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

He comes through on Supernaught, I think

5. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

People being excited about mp3 files (downloaded from 20 years old bootleg off internet ) pressed onto vinyl is new all time low on audiophile forum.

Anthrax, obi, vinyl diehard and 7 others like this.
  6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I'm excited to own the vinyl of an incredible live show (never heard before!) that had never been pressed on vinyl before. While obviously the sound is not top notch I've heard plenty of digitally "remastered" crap vinyl that sounds worse than this. I'm not sure it's accurate to say we're excited about the vinyl mastering but I'd still rather spin the vinyl than a bootleg CD. I do like the book, overall package, and even the inclusion of the Japanese single :yikes:. We now need blindfolded sound tests of the bootleg CD and the vinyl, lol.

7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Supernaught could be the best damn riff of all-time!!

8. Greenalishi

F yeah, my fave song by anyone. Heard it for the first time on A in the back of a carpeted van as a teenager. Blew my mind. Still does

9. Yep. I am glad it's just a handful of people but it's still worrying.

wrat, rnranimal and hallucalation like this.
  10. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I'm picturing the Fast Times Spicoli van and a massive smoke cloud.:D

Greenalishi likes this.
  11. Greenalishi

Nailed it. With a fridge too

Jam757 likes this.
  12. hutchguv

hutchguv Rock/Metal/Prog/Pop

I think @blacksabbathrainbow is just very consistent in her postings

If I start contradicting myself I’d like it to be pointed out

I don’t post as much as some forum members, but I’ve been here since 2006 and have usually browsed the music forum each day. Over time I’ve learned which members tastes or opinions are similar to mine so I know whose opinion on masterings to trust

If someone starts contradicting themselves on a regular basis then I’m less likely to value their opinion

I always welcome constructive criticism as I can learn from it

13. hutchguv

14. hutchguv likes this.
  15. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

But opinions change I know Im wildly inconsistent so many factors involved in deciding SQ something as small as one of my dogs moving one of my Martin Logans a half inch can affect the sound and it can take me a couple days to figure out why this or that sounds better worse etc

[​IMG]

slipkid, Greenalishi, ACK! and 3 others like this.
  16. hutchguv

Oh I absolutely agree opinions can change

That’s not the point I was making, I was trying to be vague enough as to not upset someone’s feelings, but clearly my post was open to misinterpretation so I shall clarify what I meant

The point I was making is when someone says you shouldn’t say “something” but then consistently says “something” themselves that’s the type of contradicting I meant

Hope that explains what I mean :)

wrat and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  17. Claus

Claus Senior Member

The Marillion set has a great value, especially the bonus stuff. The original album (CD1) has more flaws than Sabotage! Compressed to hell.

dixiedixie69 likes this.
  18. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I feel like the Laser Eye Dog is staring at me, sizing me up.

19. LOL, the definition of a true audiophile: someone who, when a pack of wolves have entered their home, worries about how the wolves' presence might affect the sound of their audio system.

20. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

its a good thing she is small she is the meanest of the bunch and bosses all the others around

21. hutchguv

I don’t understand this Claus?

Are you saying that CD1 of a set that has not been released yet is compressed to hell?

22. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Check Script… original DR14, 2020 reissue DR8.

The EMI CD Fugazi has DR14, you can expect the same mastering from the guy, who did Script…! And DR14 down to DR8 is compressed to hell IMO.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  23. hutchguv

Thanks for replying Claus, now I understand what you meant

For a while I thought you could see into the future,…. I was about to ask you what the lottery numbers are going to be this weekend :D

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Are you kidding :D

But concerning the upcoming Sabbath (Ozzy years) reissues I can see in the future ;)

25. Very cool!

Care to indicate in which direction the next Super Deluxe is? :)

tinnox likes this.