" BLAZE " - Foley & movie.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WLL, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

Did anybody here see the movie " BLAZE "? The biopic fore 1980s-murdered Austin, TX, singer-songwriter. It came and went fast in Surf City while I was l'hopital:(.
    Any comments about Blaze or memories of him?:cool::confused:

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

The Duct Tape Messiah.

Wrote a few of the best songs ever. "Clay Pigeons" (covered by John Prine), "If I Could Only Fly" (covered by Merle Haggard, "Cold Cold World"

He was a gifted drunken angel

Love this cover by the Avet Brothers:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Robyrdt likes this.
  3. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

...This on DVD by now? Streaming? Any form of TV?
    What about the one?? earlier documentary about him:confused::targettiphat:?

4. I'd never heard of him until Mike Judge dedicated an episode of Tales From the Tour Bus to his story. The OP might want to check that out, if he hasn't seen it already. Certainly I want to check out Blaze after recently reading up on it in an issue of Mojo from last year.

5. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

I really wanted to see it, but it didn't make it out of LA and Orange County in California (as far as I know!).
    Friend who lives in Austin saw it and loved it!

6. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

I FINALLY got to see this streaming on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. I had no idea Charlie Sexton plays Townes Van Zandt. He is wonderful in it as is the whole cast.

7. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Really keen on seeing this movie.
    I don't do Netflix right now, so I'm hard out of luck, and it's not of DVD.
    I see Kris Kristofferson makes an appearance in the film....
    I've been watching the documentary on him, and I'm curious a whole lot more....
    So little discussion about Blaze here on the site, and am finding it hard to learn more...

8. SpaceAce716

SpaceAce716 A Little Below The Angels

Drove 40 miles to see it, didn't really enjoy the movie all that much to be honest. Not a lot of story to it. Enjoy the music very much though.

9. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I like the Blaze movie a lot and bought it on Blu-ray. Charlie Sexton is excellent as Townes and almost steals the show. Also check out the Duct Tape Messiah documentary to see and hear the real Blaze. I remember reading about his death in Rolling Stone way back when, but didn't check out his music until I heard about the movie being made. He was quite a character and one of those people who seemed to sabotage himself almost every step of the way. Beautiful songs though.

jeremylr likes this.
  10. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

Is Duct Tape Messiah documentary the same as the one just advertised as "Blaze" from Ethan Hawke?

jeremylr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.