DCC Archive Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest hits remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sergio Ruz, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergio Ruz

Sergio Ruz Senior Member Thread Starter

Nice little new forum! As useful as certain other UBB forums I sometimes check for fun, but with more interesting people and topics. Good!
    Anyway, I've been recently listening to my Blood Sweat & Tears albums (the first two albums on their Sony Mastersound and MoFi incarnations, as well as the double CD What goes up compilation), and I suddenly remembered having read that BS&T singles featured radio edits using different guitar and horn solos. Are those edits available on CD? I found a Sony newsletter stating that the 1999 remaster of the original Greatest hits album (the one with a brown cover)features several single edits, but according to some websites, that's not the case, as the remaster features full length versions. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

2. I have the '99 remaster of the Greatest Hits CD on Legacy. It does, in fact, feature the single versions of the original hits, just as it was released originally on LP. The earlier version from the '80's uses the longer album tracks. It was decided before reissuing the CD that since the LP was presented that way originally, the Legacy version should replicate the same presentation, since the longer versions are available on the CD pressings of the original albums as well as a 2-CD anthology. :)

Sean likes this.
  3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

as an aside, BS&T (second album) has already been released on SACD, and the greatest hits will soon follow.

Shvartze Shabbos and Sean like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.