Bloodline - New Netflix Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I think he just wants to make everyone's life miserable, though him sending Eric to beat the crap out of Kevin was pretty rough.

2. John's wife and Danny's son were the characters that irritated me the most in Season 2.

3. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Yep and I'll add nolans mom too

4. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I agree, the family as a whole are having their lives ruined by Danny's doings and there was no end in sight. The only problem is none of their lives are in danger, Danny hasn't done something that warrants a self defense plea or even a crime of passion scenario - he is just seriously screwing with everyone

5. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Did Danny's inconsistent hair style bother anyone else in the flashback scenes? They should have made sure his hair was exactly like it was before he was killed. And what's with the red hair in the prison scene when right prior to that its the normal hair color?

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't agree that there is a problem. The family reputation and livelihood were at stake, both by threats of airing the family's dirty laundry from the past, to drug running and clear threats to the daughter. Reasons enough I reckon.

7. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

He genuinely does try to take care of his siblings, hence his lashing out at Meg and Kevin when the confront him in the last episode, he has had their backs. He's right that they should not have moved his body but they are still guilty if they see the body floating but don't call cops, the moment they decide not to call the cops they become involved, though I believe Meg asks John if she should and John tells her not to.

8. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

But my point is it wouldn't hold up in court like a self defense plea does

9. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

And they simply needed to turn Danny in, this all gets started because John gives him another chance via the heads up he gives him. That was johns big mistake. He could have put him in jail, the inn would have survived once the investigation was over

10. Deesky

No one is thinking about courts or the law by that stage (not even John). Things had progressed beyond breaking point, which was the whole point of the first season - a slow, but inexorable progression to a climax born of desperation. Season two continues and amps up that theme of snowballing desperation and pressure.

11. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Yes, don't get me wrong, I don't see any other way out (just as John didn't) than getting rid of danny. He was good at pushing them past their breaking points. I think Beth shouldn't have been so angry with John, I felt like she pushed John (like everyone) to do something about danny - geez Beth, have a little gratitude for John offing him:)

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Who's Beth?

13. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I'm sorry I meant Diane

14. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

YEAHHHHH!!!
    >>>

[​IMG]

Veech, mooseman, jriems and 7 others like this.
  15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Excellent news!

GodShifter, mdm08033 and amoergosum like this.
  16. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Whew! Good deal!!

Definitely needed some closure here!

amoergosum likes this.
  17. Deesky

Fantastic!

amoergosum likes this.
  18. amoergosum

" 'Bloodline' Season 3 to Remain in Florida

Despite the lack of tax credits in the Sunshine State, Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos tells THR the Kyle Chandler drama will continue to film in the Florida Keys.

Bloodline is staying put in Florida.

The Netflix series starring Kyle Chandler, which was recently renewed for a third season, will continue to film in the Florida Keys. The Sunshine State has been home to the twisted family drama for its past two seasons on the air, but the loss of the state's tax incentives program raised questions about relocating to a less expensive location.

But at the Television Critics Association press tour on Wednesday, Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the Sony Pictures Television-produced series would keep production in Florida.

"Yeah, for sure," he said when asked if the upcoming season of the drama would film in the Keys. "It's an iconic location. The one thing that's cool about Netflix shows is that those locations are characters. In the Hell's Kitchen shows like Daredevil, Hell's Kitchen is a character — we can't fake it in Canada. So tax credits are a nice offset but if it doesn't fit the creative, we're not going to chase it."

Bloodline cast and crew, who were uncertain of the drama's future for months, had even taken measures themselves to keep the show local. Script supervisor Kathryn Waters wrote a Facebook post in January imploring business owners in the Keys to email a "Friends of Bloodline" Gmail address about the impact of the show on the local community in an effort to lobby lawmakers to replenish the state's tax incentives. (According to a film impact study, the series helped create more than $91 million in economic output by way of production spending and tourism in its first season.) "If new money is not made available, it is doubtful that Bloodline will have a season three," Waters wrote at the time.

The drama created by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler will be back for another round of 10 episodes in 2017."

Link: 'Bloodline' Season 3 to Remain in Florida »

19. Deesky

Great news indeed. It's very much true that the Florida Keys location is a major character in the show, just like the Louisiana scenery in True Detective S1.

mdm08033 likes this.
  20. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Season 3 is the last one I sure hope they rap it up well bummed that there are no further seasons.

21. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

That's the point of the show - did John do the right thing? Seems he is going to pay for that big time. Great show what stupid ass thing will Kevin do next?

22. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Great show, I got hooked right away in the first season. Can't wait for the 3rd season. :righton:

amoergosum, mrstats and Encuentro like this.
  23. amoergosum

Blu-ray (German edition):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mooseman likes this.
  24. Sony is as,ing for too much money and/or the budget has gone up sigificantly beyond what Netflix is willing to pay. This is the type of stuff that pisses me off.

25. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Just finished season 2. I loved the first season and the second season was set up nicely but never really went anywhere. Really thought that old Lenny was gonna come back with something we didn't know. Hope season 3 is slightly faster paced with some new twists!

mooseman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.