Bluesound Node with DAC?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MikeJedi, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OC Zed

OC Zed Bludgeon Riffola

The PS Audio DirectStream DAC converts everything to DSD.

displayname likes this.
  2. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

+1 on the T2 as the best package at $3k, but the Node is more flexible if you want to switch out dacs in the future, and the Bluesound software ecosystem is really strong. As a streamer alone the Node is a super value at $550, compares favorably to streamers costing several times as much.

displayname and MikeJedi like this.
  3. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

Not an exaggeration when it comes to the Node.

4. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

You can download DSD files to a server and stream via your network. I also think there are some limited services offering DSD streaming. But when it comes to the bigger streaming services (Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Amazon, Apple, etc) none of them are streaming DSD, and none of them have made any indication of it being on the horizon.
    So unless you have an SACD player that can output a DSD file, or if you have a library of DSD, it really doesn't serve much function to focus on a DSD DAC. Outside of Tidal, the same goes for MQA.

MikeJedi likes this.
  5. Francois1968

Francois1968 Forum Resident

Bought the Node last week. I feel that the internal DAC is pretty good for the price and it will satisfy many who are not used to listen to better mid end or high end gear. My Node is connected to the Rega DAC-R (using an Audioquest carbon coax) and it is hard to tell it apart from CD playback. I like it so much that I even think it's a fantastic alternative for listening to CD's and LP's. Never expected it to sound that great!

adamos, saturdayboy, tIANcI and 2 others like this.
  6. Ben Toby

Ben Toby Forum Resident

I love using Roon for Tidal streaming plus I was excited about the Schiit Unison USB so I just bought a Bifrost. I’m pairing it with an Allo USBridge Signature streamer with their Shanti power supply. Excited to check it out when it arrives this weekend. Thought about the Node but have grown comfortable with Pi based streamers running Ropieee for Roon.

Enjoy the Node I bet it’s awesome : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.