Blur

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lyedecker, Jun 27, 2014.

1. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

you're right..someone said they wanted me to show it... Had I started my own Suede thread, I would have got "Why didn't you just reply in the Blur thread? We have too many threads. Now let's go back to making this forum about that King Crimson record and Trout Mask Replica!"

2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

One item I would love to add to my Collection is the Pill Box for each Song on CD in a Pill Packet for 'Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space'-Spiritualized. I did buy the Pill Packet CD Case for the Album though, as it did not cost too much.

I got tickets to see Spiritualized this April, and stoked as loved 'And Nothing Hurt' released last September. Hope a few Songs from 'Sweet Heart, Sweet Light' also get played, as love that Album.

3. Blur will only be remembered as that band who sung that woo hoo song.

AveryKG likes this.
  4. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

In the US, yes. In the UK, they filled Hyde Park and had singles that out charted Oasis singles.

outoftime and Ludger like this.
  5. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Yeah the Hyde Park Concert was the same nite as the Closing Ceremonies to the London Olympics-IIRC, and I would have rather seen that concert in person that other Music Artists doing lame cover versions of Bowie Songs. Although, think The Kinks also played at the London Olympic Closing Ceremonies, but their performance was not shown on US Telecast of the Closing Ceremonies.

6. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

You might want to take more of a world view on this one and read up about Britpop.

outoftime, Porkpie, NunoBento and 4 others like this.
  7. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

Blur vs Oasis: who's bigger, was discussed many times. Waste of time :)

rediffusion and andrewskyDE like this.
  8. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

Okay. o_O

NunoBento and Soundman like this.
  9. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Pretty sure hes trolling...in the states that was their big hit but we are well aware of how big they were in other countries. I love blur especially Chemical world, beetlebum, and the universals.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

I'd be disappointed if he is trolling as that is a very 2008 thing to do and something that doesn't happen on this forum, in my experience.

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Blur and Oasis was the music I loved and listened to back in my primary school days. That was long before I discovered the Beatles...

12. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

It does happen here, you can normally tell as the user will limit people from viewing their profile so you can't ignore them.

NunoBento and Crimson jon like this.
  13. Crimson jon

People say inflammatory things to trigger a response(trolling) on here daily. It's a part of online banter that has no expiration date. The trick is to know when not to bite.

NunoBento likes this.
  14. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

There's a distinct difference between banter and trolling.

15. Crimson jon

Fair enough but you honestly don't ever read troll posts and threads on this forum? I'm not the only poster to respond to your previous comment...

16. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

I don't spend THAT much time on this forum and am selective about the threads I follow, so I truly have not noticed much blatant trolling (as opposed to banter). Therefore in my experience, this is a forum where I see it a lot less that other forums and social sites.

Anyway, I find this topic quite dull and it detracts heavily from discussing the main topic at hand.

17. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Hoping the rumors about a new Blur album and tour this year are true. I was surprised by how little attention was given The Magic Whip overall.

The latest The Good, the Bad & the Queen record leaves me a little flat. Same with the last Gorillaz album.

Damon needs Blur to get him moving again.

NunoBento, realkilroy and JuanTCB like this.
  18. Looper007

Looper007 Bear with me, man, I lost my train of thought

Blur are one of those rare bands that I don't think made a bad album at all. Still think their masterpiece is their self titled album, and they never did a single as great as Beetlebum either (that feels like something Lennon would have wrote for the White Album). But I have a soft spot for their britpop era, Albarm really followed on from Davies and Weller in writing the most British songs. Modern Lif Is Rubbish and Parklife are great albums. The Great Escape is flawed but it's got some good stuff on it. 13 is probably my least favorite of their work. While Think Thank the most underrated. They wrote some great B-sides as well.

I got to admit I love Albarn's stuff with the Gorillaz just as much, I even have down that Demon Day's is Albarn's greatest work.

19. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I'd be happy to see another Blur album. Been following them for a few years (late to the party, I know...). Favorite song is Out Of Time but there are so many.

Looper007 likes this.
  20. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

How cool is this? Blur reunited at an Africa Express gig last night! Also played Clover Over Dover for the first time ever.

21. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Song starts at 4:15

22. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

23. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

One of my absolute favourite Blur tunes, but this version is pretty dull. And Damon is looking in rough shape.

Haristar likes this.
  24. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

Nice to hear Clover Over Dover! I really despise Song 2 though.

25. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Someone in Damon's camp accidentally let the cat out of the bag earlier in the day when they posted a photo of the band rehearsing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But still, a VERY welcome surprise!

NunoBento likes this.