BOB DYLAN 50th Anniversary Collection 1969

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Darren Smith, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roombythelake

roombythelake Forum Resident

Thanks for this!

As well as the CDs, which I listen to on the stereo, all my Dylan gets ripped into iTunes, with the tagging changed around so it's all sorted by chronological order of performance (with notes kept on source, of course, and with alternate versions of same track differentiated). I also redo the track numbering to take into account known tracks I'm missing (or everyone is missing). It's mostly for headphones listening at the computer, but it helps make sense of how everything fits together in his career.

Bjorner is helpful, but it's still a confusing process at times, and I remember there was part of one session of BS15/Copyright'69 I couldn't reconcile. When I get some time over the next few days, I'll see if this list solves the problem. If not, I'll follow up!

2. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident

I somehow missed this one, just found out about it with the 1970 copyright news. Shoot, was hoping an outtake for Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You existed.

Does anyone have any info on "Running"? Original or cover?

3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Original.

cable hogue likes this.
  4. cameron.williams

cameron.williams New Member

Any chance of the same for 1970? Thanks again for this legend

5. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

6. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

My pleasure,[​IMG]

The rest are here

7. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Thanks.
    This thread is becoming outstandingly useful!

stepeanut likes this.
  8. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Which take was it?

9. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

One recording that you missed on the 1969-02-14 sessions above is the take of "Country Pie" found on the Another Self Portrait set.

If the version on Travelin' Thru is truly take 2, I'd think that the ASP recording is likely take 1 -- it sounds a bit rougher. I believe that the ASP set labels it as an 'alternate take' only.

10. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

BS10 was beyond the scope of my comparison, which, as clearly stated, only covered BS15 and the 1969 copyright set. The aim was to identify duplications across those two sets, not to provide a complete overview of the recording sessions, or to note every officially released track from the period.

11. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.