Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

My jackets are scuffed like that too. Inexcusable for a $125 new release.

stenway, Tullman and baroquehoedown33 like this.
  2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

g-damn scuffs. I hate that, even when its not me

Tullman likes this.
  3. teag

teag Forum Resident

My records are perfect, a few small scuffs on the jackets but not too bad.

Tommyboy likes this.
  4. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

I pre-ordered from Music Direct in December 2017 when it was still available for the original price of $99.99, and they honored that price. Didn't charge tax either.

Received #431. Clean, flat, and quiet. Covers have a few scuffs but not enough to ask for replacements. I put them in outer poly bags (NOT the gassy ones) so they don't get scuffed further. Even on my modest rig I'm really pleased with the way this sounds. The vocals have a real in-the-room presence. So glad I decided to shell out the $$$ for this one.

Lucca90 and baroquehoedown33 like this.
  5. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Just FYI, its also more prone to static build up in my experience.

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I heard the picks too. At first I thought I was hearing pressing flaws.

bluejimbop and Echoes Myron like this.
  7. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The pictures of scuffed inner sleeves leaves me baffled. Don’t understand why they can’t get it right.

baroquehoedown33 likes this.
  8. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Curious about this speed issue brought up. Since I only have the SACD, is this release like the original vinyl or slowed down like the earlier half speed?

9. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Same speed as the original.

10. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

If there is anyone wavering on this I would jump on the train if I were you. This is the best sounding BOTT I have ever heard and I have heard/own a lot. Not only that but I think it is the best sounding One Step to date and I own them all.

11. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Mine, too; worse, actually. :shake: Similar pattern. My first One-step; now I get to see in person what everyone has been on about.

CBackley and Juggsnelson like this.
  12. bwalk63

bwalk63 Well-Known Member

I agree that they can’t figure this out for the amount we are paying. But call and get replacements for the sleeves and while you are waiting listen to heaven on vinyl.

13. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

A lot of people report that scuffs on the sleeves, Inexcusable for a $125.
    What about that buy copies to keep sealed? inside will be damaged. I prefer open all One Steps.

caracallac and FashionBoy like this.
  14. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I opened both even when I purchased two of one title. You're really forced to if you want to insure your backup copy is perfect. I had to replace a disc in my copies of BOTW. Sleeves in The Nightfly.

15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Cracking open the one-step and listening this early morning with fresh ears. My packaging was good. The sleeves have a slight blotchiness in places but acceptable. Not *perfect* but not returning or asking for replacements.

The records are NM. So always good news. One side has the label off center but no turntable arm wavering. So Im good with all that. Ill probably bitch later about it, so I reserve the right to do so :D

The reason Im not griping about the asthetic imperfections is due to the sound. Im so glad they did this title. I was disappointed they didnt do a 45 way back when. Now I am glad they waited. Marvelous sound. I agree with others that there is a depth not heard before. Voodoo trickery, hocus pocus? I dont care. Its engaging me to the album like I havent been in a long time. And thats what matters. Big thumbs up from this guy.

And I reiterate again: Im very happy this has been produced in a greater number. All should save their money and enjoy if this album is a favorite.

16. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Opened my BOTT One Step this early AM..
    Happy to report so far, the box, and all inners are clean and acceptable.
    Seems I have lucked out on the two LP covers, no white blemishes, a few
    marks.. nothing to get hung about. No noticeable white dust speckles as previously mentioned. Quite clean, which is rare for me, as I often have to return things for replacement.

Have not yet played the discs, but upon examination they look great, decent clean centered labels.. we shall soon see. Slight adjustments still needed on my new Planner 6 TT - believing for the best on this masterpiece!

IF my LP's play fine, this is a wonderfully made box set, a lovely presentation.
    This is my first One Step LP.. and the slight transparency is noticeable.
    Certainly very concerned.. re: slipping QC.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Juggsnelson and CBackley like this.
  17. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

THIS!

Jam757 and Echoes Myron like this.
  18. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Tip: watch out for an off center one step label and wet vacuuming. I was a little too generous with the rinse water and a bit must have lipped up to the edge of the label. It must have dissolved quickly because the the vpi tore a nice edge off the label. This was on the last Evans release.

mpayan likes this.
  19. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Alright I might have to jump on the train for this one. Can't justify it right now but maybe within the next several months. Glad they pressed 9,000.

Echoes Myron and Juggsnelson like this.
  20. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Months? Well, even though they pressed 9000, if the reviews are all very positive, and so far they are, they may be gone in several months. Grab it now before you pay double or triple the price.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Right Sam, I seriously doubt this title will be available in two months much less several months. My copy is #755, BTW. I listened again last night, sounds great.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Copy 924/9000. Not opened yet.

23. John Boy

John Boy Forum Resident

Thought I would repost for people more interested in understanding the benefits of this One Step:

Received Blood on the Tracks One Step yesterday and played it last night. Wow! this one is a home run all the way. I have the MFSL 33rpm as well but didn't do a comparison, didn't need to.

This one hit me like the Bill Evans Sunday set, it's just right. It brings out an intimacy to the performance that I've never heard with this title. I really liked the More Blood on the Tracks for the same reason. The sound stage darkens (lower noise floor) Dylans vocals are fuller and sonically more complete. There is greater contrast (dynamically, tonally, depth) between his voice and the backing instruments. The tracks with the organ (not my favorites) are better, the organ has a fuller sound, less irritating and not a distraction. I have all of the One Steps and this one will probably get played the most.

24. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

Got mine this afternoon. The vinyl is clean but the covers have contamination between the back of 1 and the front of 2. Weird. The covers aren't worn - there was something in between them. It kinda rubs off but not completely.

CBackley likes this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Same rash I have on mine. Are you going to ask for cover replacement?

CBackley likes this.