Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. Firehead

Firehead Forum Resident

Can you provide link to the site you purchased from? much appreciated

2. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Absolutely!
    You can find the US version of Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks One Step here... Bob Dylan/Blood On The Tracks<完全生産限定盤> . You could select world shipping through Tower Records but I recommend Zenmarket that way you don't have to register and worry about ordering it correctly through Tower Records website.
    Zenmarket works as a liaison for your purchase and my experience with them was fantastic. They don't require sign up and you can follow the simple steps to order the record. I received mine in less than 2 weeks. It took several days for them to acquire the record. It was a few days for it to get to their warehouse and finally a few more days to get it packaged ready for shipment. It took 2 days for the package to ship from Japan to my door once it shipped. Crazy!

The package is insured so I assume the biggest risk is if there is something wrong with the actual record from MoFi. I don't know how a return back to Tower Records through Zenmarket would work (if at all).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

bluejimbop likes this.
  3. Geoffsterpiano

Geoffsterpiano ...Give me great sound, or give me death...

There’s actually only one version…. And that’s US, pressed at RTI

4. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Now there is a thought.

5. emailists

emailists Forum Resident

I was away from home for a long time when my BOTT one step arrived and I just unboxed it. Trying to decide if I should open it. If it was Nashville Skyline it wouldn’t be any question. The only LP I have of BOTT is the original MOFI half speed.

In looking back in my Dylan LP collection (about 23 LPs) I discovered I had a white label promo of Hard Rain signed by Joan Baez, Mick Ronson (and another name I can’t make out) as well as an original 1969 pressing of Nashville Skyline

Link to pic is below

Bob Dylan Hard Rain White Label Promo LP signed by Joan Baez and Mick Ronson

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Juggsnelson likes this.
  6. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

What good to anyone is an un-played record? It's an incredible release. I don't understand how any Dylan fan could let it sit on a shelf.

7. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Open that sucker.

Richard--W and AnalogJ like this.
  8. Aleksander86

Aleksander86 Forum Resident

Open it! Open it! (in Mexico we say "¡que lo abra, que lo abra!").

Firehead and Richard--W like this.
  9. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

You don't say why you are hesitant to open it.

Aleksander86 likes this.
  10. Geoffsterpiano

Geoffsterpiano ...Give me great sound, or give me death...

I could understand the hesitancy if there was even the slightest chance of rodents jumping out. But given the unlikelihood of that scenario, OPEN IT AND PLAY IT!! It’s fantastic.

Aleksander86, CBackley and Richard--W like this.
  11. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

If you haven't heard the 1 Step BOTT yet, play that thing! It is head and shoulders above the MOFI 33 you have. The best I have ever heard this album. Enjoy!

12. emailists

emailists Forum Resident

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I just wasn’t sure if it was one of the better one steps.

13. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

I listened to it on Saturday night and thought it sounded incredible — I’m not an audiophile really and have no point of comparison and don’t compare pressings.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  14. AnalogJ

Some cuts sound better than others. Overall, it's a very good to excellent sounding record. It's not the type of record to wow with sonic fireworks. I think there are more impressive OneSteps, but it is very good.

15. Aleksander86

Aleksander86 Forum Resident

the acoustic guitars on "You're a Big Girl Now" are one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard on vinyl.

bluejimbop and AnalogJ like this.
  16. AnalogJ

Yup, that's one of the best cuts.

Echoes Myron and Aleksander86 like this.
  17. webmatador

webmatador Friend Of The People

In my experience, this is true.

Here's a simple formula:
    MoFi 1-step > MoFi 33 > White Label Promo.

Aleksander86 and Echoes Myron like this.
  18. RaggaMuffin

RaggaMuffin Well-Known Member

Can I ask you what weight you entered when you placed the order through Zenmarket? Or if you know roughly how much it weighs? I think I'm going to order one this way, thanks for posting about this, I'm glad I saw this!

19. bluejimbop

bluejimbop Thumb Toe Heel Toe

Lol.

20. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I don't remember what I entered on Zenmarket but I just weighed my BOTT boxset and it's 2 lbs. 7 ounces. Smart move to get this at a reasonable price. I was a little nervous about paying to an overseas company without guarantee but they came through and delivered. It ships fast once the item gets through their warehouse. I think 2 days to get from Japan to my doorstep. However it was close to a week for zenmarket to process it in their warehouse (after it was secured fro the store). Less than 2 weeks for the entire process though. Good luck.

RaggaMuffin likes this.
  21. RaggaMuffin

Perfect, thank you!

22. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

I'll go in on the Japanese copy. It says free shipping to Canada, and I absolutely adore my Mofi 33. I've been looking for this at retail forever.

23. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

You will love it. I agree the 33 is great, but just wait until you hear the 1-Step.

24. Then, ever so often, pop the "More Blood, More Tracks" on your TT and enjoy.

Geordiepete and Echoes Myron like this.
  25. RaggaMuffin

I just received my copy, thanks again for pointing this one out. The domestic shipping from Tower records to the Zenmarket warehouse took around 3 days, then they sent it off for the UK 2 days after that. The shipping via UPS was delayed and took just under two weeks as it was stuck in Shenzhen for most of that time. The packaging was excellent, and it turned up in perfect condition, however, the records are totally warped/dished! One is like a bowl, but one is not as bad and only has a slight edge warp. I'm in two minds whether to go through the trouble of returning it all the way back to Japan, or whether to try and flatten them, either myself attempting it or a paid service. My record clamp only reduced the warp by about 50% on the bad one.