Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Yes I will buy the one step BOTT although I am waiting to see if I can get it from the UK. Diverse Vinyl UK are worth a try. I am hoping the release will be the version HC 432351 from 1981.
    This album has tracks 1 to 7 at the original speed. Otherwise this release will presumably be the to all intents and purposes as per the recent MFSL vinyl and sacd release (which are excellent but use the sped up versions as per the official album).

2. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

This at least resolves the question why the original BOTT Mofi was 33 1/3 and “lower quality” Dylan albums (imho) we’re getting the 45 rpm treatment.

Johan1880 likes this.
  3. Swirly Wilbury

Swirly Wilbury Forum Resident

Thanks for the notification. Got my preorder in at Music Direct. Although with 9000 copies, there doesn't really seem to be any rush to do so.

Then again, I thought the same thing about the exclusive Ultimate bundle of The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings and that was gone in a couple of days. Similar price point as this, though that box was much more limited (1500).

What an amazing time for Dylan fans, with these boxes along with More Blood More Tracks and the RSD Test Pressing still pretty fresh as well. Thinking of finally going in for an MFSL Desire, which would tie up this whole era nicely.

CBackley likes this.
  4. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

No, I don't feel like turning the disc that often.

5. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I wouldn't expect them to be corrected if they are using the original master tapes.

Concerning the release itself: No, I'm not planning on buying. I already have the MFSL single LP and it sounds just fine to me. Too many other things to spend $125 on like, you know, food.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  6. DotKom11

DotKom11 Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you want the MFSL 45rpm Desire I would buy it ASAP because they aren't pressing any more, so when is gone it's gone. The MFSL SACD is already out of print.

Swirly Wilbury and ssmith3046 like this.
  7. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

The only Dylan MoFi releases I bought was Blood On The Tracks and the Basement Tapes. Why? Because they were 33-1/3 RPM. So no, I'm not going to buy this one either. I personally think this bad timing, as well. With the RSD release of the test pressing and last years More Blood, More Tracks official bootleg release, this is just too much for me spend on another release of the same songs.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  8. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I also saw that Sony (possibly via Music On Vinyl) are reissuing the BOTT album on vinyl again later in June 2019. They did call the box More Blood so I guess they were not kidding!
    Edit. It (the standard BOTT album) is on Amazon.com released by Sony Legacy on 28th June 2019. Could not find a UK seller.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    CBackley likes this.
  9. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

It is also by far a superior mastering to the original.

10. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Off topic, so apologies, but does the 45 offer any value to someone who already has the SACD? Other than just being on vinyl? Curious whether there’s a noticeable difference in quality between the two.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  11. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Sorry I only have the vinyl.

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

haha @ 9,000

why not allow vinyl me, please to have an exclusive blood colored pressing limited to 1,000 to make this a cool 10,000 total.

13. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

You literally are waiting for it. :)

I’m on the fence. I invested in the Mofi years ago. And it’s really good.

Echoes Myron and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  14. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

With 9,000 being pressed these will be available for an eternity. Dunno why anyone would pre-order. I'd wait for reviews, pressing issues, etc. In fact I'd bet money there will be a price drop in the secondary market, or perhaps at record stores that can't sell their inventory. 9,000 is just a very very large number.

tubesandvinyl likes this.
  15. jbgoode

jbgoode Forum Resident

I think i‘ll pass;
    The main reason is not the money, but my equipment......

16. Firehead

Firehead Forum Resident

I got the Mofi 33 BOTT and its one of my favorites that gets regular rotation.
    Im curious as to how this 45RMP double disc will sound. There should be a difference in sound...Im happy about the large quantities this will be in, gives me a chance to get it later.

Anyone who has both Mofi releases now how is it?

17. Swirly Wilbury

Yes, I should have specified the 45rpm. I already have the SACD, which I like very much. I noticed the vinyl is still available on the MoFi site, but not Music Direct, so that made me think that supplies are scarce and that your advice should be heeded.

There are also quite a few sealed copies up on Discogs at a slight mark-up, but I imagine those quantities will decrease and those prices will increase in short order once MoFi sells out.

18. DotKom11

I still see it listed on the Music Direct site. The link below shows the 15 "out of print" Dylan titles that are getting close to being gone.

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?...SC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid

I'm hoping they have a 15-20% off sale over Memorial Day weekend (American Holiday that is the last Monday of May) so I can get the last two Dylan MoFi titles I want.

Dylan MoFi FOMO is no joke!

roombythelake and Swirly Wilbury like this.
  19. glide

glide Forum Resident

I wouldn’t hold your breath

“Product Not Eligible for Further Discounts”

20. I'm surprised you're on the fence as it's one of your favourite albums, although I agree that the MoFi 33 is awesome.

21. DotKom11

None of the titles I clicked on said “Product Not Eligible for Further Discounts." I've also never had a problem in the past using a sale code with Dylan MoFi titles at Music Direct.

22. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

It’s my favourite, you are quite right!

I don’t know, Johnny. With the exchange and all, it’s so expensive. Sigh.

I’m at least going to look for a Canadian seller.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  23. glide

glide Forum Resident

Most of them say it now. Go have a look.

It stared around the time SSD went out of business. Now more and more title are “not eligible”

24. Swirly Wilbury

Thanks for the link! Super helpful!

Looks like I'll have to check out Music Direct next weekend. If the sale's good, I may have to throw a couple of other titles in there as well :).

DotKom11 likes this.
  25. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out before release date.

mpayan and Echoes Myron like this.