Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes, and I already quoted J. Rotten, Esq. about ten pages back, when things really started turning ugly.

It's now 2 am, November 10th
    : current status of my box set, pre-ordered through bobdylan.com on Sept. 20th, shipping option: PRIORITY MAIL (i.e. US Postal Service):

"Your item [i.e. TROUBLE NO MORE, release date November 3, 2017] departed a shipping partner facility [D-H-L] at 4:50 am on [TUESDAY] November 7, 2017 in HOUSTON, TX 77073. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

Special thanks to Mr. Greg "Best Possible Customer Experience" Hewitt, CEO of that "shipping partner," for making this experience so memorable...I'll never forget. Never.

mrjinks likes this.
  2. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Honestly, I never used to have much time for Mr. Rotten. The older I get, however, the more I like him, the more I become like him, and the more I wish I had the means to be like him!!

DeeThomaz and HominyRhodes like this.
  3. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I agree when emailing Jordan etc I would always be very polite. The people doing the work are not really to blame. I would guess running a mail order business takes a bit of doing. That is why my message to the Bob Dylan shop is leave it to the professionals.

HominyRhodes and Percy Song like this.
  4. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

[
    Moreover, imagine if the same thing were to happen with the "White Album" Super Deluxe next year. We'd have to bring back hanging over here...

HominyRhodes likes this.
  5. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Tom Favata likes this.
  6. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

The USPS tracking number via the Bob Dylan shipping link has my box still parked in Houston. HOWEVER, if I use that same tracking number via the DHL website, it has left Houston and has been handed to the USPS in Grand Prairie. Almost home!

7. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Thanks for this link! Now can see my package has moved from Houston after a 4 day mini vacation. It arrived in Secacaus, NJ at 2:29 this morning. It is still with DHL.
    Almost home................

Percy Song likes this.
  8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I wish I'd refused delivery...

9. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

How so? From reading an earlier post from you on another thread (which seems to be now deleted), you seem to really object to this stuff. I guess it is not everyone's cup of tea. What is it that you hate so much?

10. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

There's something not quite right here.

Are you saying that you bought a very expensive box set, even though you knew you didn't like the music ? ?

11. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Wow! Now that's service: I *think* my order made it from Houston to Hebron, KY in a week.

God bless those bike messengers!

HominyRhodes and mrjinks like this.
  12. csqmnem89

csqmnem89 Forum Resident

mine still shows in Houston since 11/7, did get the standard email that shipping would be refunded.

13. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

By the I don't live in Kentucky; I expect arrival in my home state no later than Tuesday.

14. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

No worries & best wishes.

dormouse likes this.
  15. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

You are in the same boat as me. Mine has been stuck in Grand Prairie/Houston too. The sad part is it says it started in Austin. Took a week to get from Austin to north Texas via Houston.

16. Jack

Jack Senior Member

A friend in Austin is getting his delivered today. He could have driven to the hub and picked it up last Friday. What a clusterfark.

HominyRhodes and joannenugent like this.
  17. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Finally, after three days of nothing, there's been an update. At 9:13 AM my shipment was marked as – get this! – En Route. That's it. No other info. No ETA. No place associated with the latest update to show progress.

It's just "en route." My lucky day.

HominyRhodes and Blue Note like this.
  18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

You lucky bastid! Me too! I'm going to sit by my front door and wait!

19. The vinyl is great and sounds slightly better than the cd set. And you get two cds as well.

20. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate

We're now at 30 pages & 755 posts since "release day" & most folks are still without. Congratulations to all!
    Unnecessary update: My copy appears to have been sitting in a DHL warehouse 70 miles away for the past 2 days. It's comforting to know that, if I really wanted it, I could have ridden my bicycle to the warehouse, taken possession & returned home to listen.
    I guess I'm just lazy. Thanks DHL!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    HominyRhodes, mrjinks and jpmosu like this.
  21. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

Being processed in Memphis! (I'm in Nashville). I guess there's a small chance I'll get it today. Three full days to get from Houston to Memphis. Unbelievable.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  22. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

My box is now in Wylie with an ETA of today. Alas, I’m in Norway and won’t get home for another week.

23. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Mine's still in Texas with no change in days now.

Another problem no one is mentioning, some on the other thread are stating that they received scratched or even cracked discs. How will the exchange process go for that nightmare? I am not happy.

24. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

I sent another annoyed email to bobdylan.com/Sandbag asking "WTF?!". I asked if they could just cancel my order and refund my money. I'll order it from Amazon, get is same day, and find the bonus disc through "other means". This is really ridiculous.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  25. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

One step at a time. Have to deal with the problem of ever getting this set before dealing with the problem of damage.

My tracking number says still in Houston and it does not show anything on the DHL website.

Anyway, if anything is damaged in this set, I would just request a return/refund from Sandbag and file a complaint with my Credit Card company.
    Not putting up with any more of this. And I certainly will not be paying to ship an item back that arrived broken (Now if they provide me with a free return shipping label, I would get it into the mail for them in a few weeks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.