Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol. XII "The Cutting Edge"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Abbey Road, Oct 16, 2014.

1. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

He told us that later, too. On Desire :)

Not that he is to be trusted on such matters!

Tim

2. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

I am sure there are many USB sticks out there so what it comes with may vary. Depends which thief you want to reward I guess.

Tim

IronWaffle likes this.
  3. Thank you for your insight. I will pick my thief wisely.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  4. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

5. EEstrat

EEstrat Well-Known Member

so is the 6 disc version a huge improvement over the 2 disc best of? i think i could find one locally for maybe 50usd....i already own the 2 disc best of and it is a fav period of mine, how has it held up over the years for coming back to and listening again and again?

Lewisboogie and Hep Alien like this.
  6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

News Flash: [October 10, 2018]

Steve Perry regrets to announce the cancellation of his planned world tour due to painful tendinitis in his right wrist, caused by signing his name to thousands of copies of his new album, Traces, during the month of September.

PacificOceanBlue likes this.
  7. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Taschen is issuing a new (and affordable) version of their book of Daniel Kramer's work capturing Bob in 1965: Bob Dylan A Year and a Day.

Richard--W likes this.
  8. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

$70 hardcover dustjacket on amazon. Hmm. Newly struck prints. I need this, don't I ?

9. John Rhett Thomas

I've seen the first edition, it's gorgeous. Disclaimer: I've worked on several projects with Taschen and am friends/associates with the editor and graphic designer. :p But it's elegantly (and simply) laid out, as it only needs to be with subject matter like this.

HominyRhodes and Richard--W like this.
  10. Richard--W

270 pages. Isn't that longer than the First Edition 1967 ?
    I have two copies of the First. They're not aging well on the shelf.
    The paperback copies are holding up better.
    Are there photos in the Taschen that aren't in the original? color?

11. John Rhett Thomas

I’ve not seen ththe original edition but I can get an answer to your question shortly.

12. John Rhett Thomas

Well, that wasn't exactly shortly as promised, but I've been on the road all day. There are many new photos in the book that were not in the original edition. Not much new subject matter, but more photos from the sessions that were previously published. I neglected to ask if there were any color photos as I've been scatterbrained all day from a road trip, but I recall looking at a copy of the first edition and don't recall any color. As much as you devote yourself to this era of Bob, I can't imagine you'd be displeased with this volume.

Richard--W likes this.
  13. Richard--W

More of the same? That's just what I wanted to hear. I like the book already. When it comes to Taschen I like as a rule. When it comes to Kramer photography I'm totally in. This book is bought on payday. Appreciate your efforts.

14. Richard--W

Do you know if Taschen receive authors directly, or do they deal strictly with agents?

15. John Rhett Thomas

Replied via PM.

16. Richard--W

Those of you who came along later and didn't vote in the Live 1965 poll are encourage to do so now:

Bob Dylan -- Live 1965 - U.K. tour poll

Those of you who voted but have gotten to know the concerts better over time may want to contribute additional thoughts.

17. Richard--W

I was just re-reading pages 401-500 with an emphasis on 487 and some mod editing.
    My goodness, whatta thread.

18. Richard--W

Where did this photo come from? was it in a book? just curious ....

19. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I honestly can’t remember where I got this from.

20. Richard--W

George must have been quite the fan to take a photo of Dylan on TV.

21. Richard--W

I'm trying to find where the switch of "Like a Rolling Stone" was discussed back thread. I mean the reasoning. It's in here somewhere.

22. Greenblues

Greenblues Forum Resident

Slightly off-topic possibly, but to me "Stuck Inside Of Mobile..." is the template for the early Dire Straits approach.
    I'm quite sure Mark Knopfler must have been inspired by it (the sound, the singing, the lead guitar fills etc.) ... and what a great track it is...!

Richard--W likes this.
  23. Richard--W

Sheffield > Newcastle < Sheffield.

Anybody know where it is backthread?

24. Richard--W

I wouldn't be surprised, now that you mention it. I see the similarity in Knopfler's approach.
    I used to know a salesclerk at Tower Records. When "Sultans of Swing" was an FM hit he told me people used to come in asking for the new Bob Dylan record. He answered "what new Bob Dylan record?" and the reply was always "Sultans of Swing." Then he would explain that was an exciting new English band called Dire Straits.

25. Electric Sydney and Richard--W like this.