Bob Dylan - The Lyrics: Since 1962

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gst510, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wipin Dsser

Wipin Dsser Active Member

It will be released on any ebook format?

2. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

you just uttered the magic word, mckenzie, i would be very very hestitant to believe anything coming from that source.

http://recordmecca.com/news/autograph-forgeries-forensics-and-autograph-experts/

3. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Hominy- Right, I know they were from circa 1961.
    Chicago was fantastic! Crimson shows were amazing, and your Art Institute Of Chicago is one
    Of the best museums I have seen in the States!

Goombay, I am well aware of this particular situation, I have been a friend and client of Jeff's for nearly ten years.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    HominyRhodes likes this.
  4. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

but the questions surrounding this particular 'source' goes back many many years. i wouldnt buy or believe anything coming from those particular quarters. or from his cronies.

5. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

The early reports suggested so, but I haven't seen anything recent on the subject.

6. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

I wonder if anybody here can help me out: there are two different books with the same title, different ISBN and different price and different page cound coming out in the next few weeks, and none of them is either the ultra expensive limited edition, nor the cheaper edition that will be coming out a year from now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Lyrics-Since-Bob-Dylan/dp/1476797706/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_4 (960 pages)

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Lyrics-Since-Bob-Dylan/dp/1471137090/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_5 (1034 pages)

I'd thought of ordering the second one, which seems to be cheaper and have more pages, but I don't understand how Simon and Schuster could be releasing two incredibly similar yet different books within a week of each other?!? Anybody here can enlighten me, please? :help:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  7. Carserguev

8. Carserguev

Badabump? The release date gets closer and the confusion continues... :shrug:

HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Dylan's FB site just announced that the Lyrics is now sold out in the USA, with remaining copies at Amazon.co.uk.

Abbey Road likes this.
  10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

In terms of previously unpublished material, I'm thinking the "Little Red Notebook" songs might be among the most likely candidates.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  11. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm content to wait for a final edition that comes out some time after Bob's death (he's gonna die eventually, right?) It'll have all the lyrics. No autograph, but I don't need one.

12. Abbey Road

Abbey Road Well-Known Member

They are definitely the same book, with discrepancies and errors in the description. There is only one edition being published initially, not counting the $5K signed edition.

Carserguev likes this.
  13. Abbey Road

Well, I'm glad I got mine when I did, but the "for now" in the Facebook description once again makes me wonder if claims of Limited Edition are fraudulent. "...All U.S. copies are, for now, sold out."

Are there any measures that keep this kind of (potential) consumer fraud from happening?

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Forum Resident

Probably not. But if you want to be special, just tell yourself that, you don't need to pay for it. Everything is ultimately a limited edition.

15. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Well, I finally had to order this but I too will not be happy if it turns out to not be a limited edition at this price. I am tired of picking up limited edition advertised stuff only to find out they were not limited so I could have waited and generally bought them cheaper. Dylan mono box set vinyl was limited edition three years ago and now is much cheaper to buy as only one example. Yes, I get limited can mean anything but this was advertised as limited to 3500 and is pricey! Got through amazon.co.uk for 112 dollars I think on conversion of 88 euros.

16. Abbey Road

Exactly, it's one thing to say "limited edition," without ever specifying numbers, but to say 3,500 (including the 500 set aside for signed versions) and then print more than advertised, is consumer fraud. And quite honestly, the fact that it was limited to 3,000 was what sealed the deal for me. I figured I could always recoup, at the least and most likely see it go up in value.

Jgirar01 and Nightowl like this.
  17. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

I wonder how many of the signed copies have been sold.

18. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

Amazon.uk lists a kindle version available for preorder. I'm not positive, but I think the info on their site might not be accurate.

19. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Forum Resident

subtr and bumbletort like this.
  21. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

The price seems to have gone up by £30 since I pre-ordered my copy - only a couple of weeks ago

22. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

Still available for preorder at Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. The limited supply, in other words, has not been exhausted. FWIW.

23. Carserguev

This is bizarre?! :confused:

Both "different but not really different" versions of the book are now "unavailable" in Amazon and Amazon UK.?! WTF?!

Luckily, the "cheaper" version I'd chosen in Amazon Germany is still on the tracks for a November 6th release date, but I don't understand anything that's going on with this very important release...

24. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Maybe. But it's also possible that Amazon either has a better sense of what their their allocation will be, or they're just being more honest with their customers.

25. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

Yeah, maybe. B&N is reputable enough that I'd expect them to be accurate. But what do I know? ;o)

Still haven't seen a sample page from inside the book. Makes me a bit apprehensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.