Bob Saget, RIP

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vahan, Jan 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

2. MikaelaArsenault

3. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I never cared much for him & his style of humour. However, after seeing all the tearful tributes from his peers & friends, I think there was much more to the guy than I ever suspected. I stand corrected & have a much deeper respect for him now.

MikaelaArsenault and JediJones like this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

Posted on Gilbert's Twitter.

ex_mixer, JediJones, TS582 and 3 others like this.
  5. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Somewhat off-topic but were you ever involved with Full House, considering you also worked on Valerie, which Miller-Boyett also produced? Full House was produced at Culver City from 1987 to 1993, before moving to Burbank afterwards.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    JediJones likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, nothing to do with Full House, which was all videotape. I was strictly a film guy in those years.

SandAndGlass, JediJones and Vahan like this.
  7. MikaelaArsenault

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

9. Vahan

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

11. MikaelaArsenault

Billy Mays died from heart disease and Natasha Richardson died from a head injury.

JediJones likes this.
  12. That's the optimal death, though. Hit your head. Fall asleep. Never wake up.

If he was really in pain from whatever he hit his head on, he would have probably been awake, taking pain meds, or maybe calling an ambulance.

The point that he felt well enough to crash for awhile makes me think that he went out peacefully.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    AKA and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

Instant Dharma and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Wow. This is really surprising and scary. I would have thought stroke or heart attack. I never thought that Drugs, etc were the culprit because Saget stayed clean in those areas. I have smacked my head really good and just went on as normal. I'm sure thousands hit their head and go to bed without thinking about it. I believe the TV informercial pitch man, Billy Mays, hit his head on the ceiling of a plane getting out of his seat to exit and died a short time later.

I guess if one really hits their head good, it's best to seek medical attention or at least stay awake for a good while. Very sad situation

15. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

I have had a couple, maybe three good blows to the head, but it's been decades since the last one. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

16. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

According to the autopsy, the cause of death was heart disease.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

it must have been some hit to the head ! it sounds a bit strange to me !

JediJones, Matthew Tate and George P like this.
  18. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

if its just right it doesn't have to be hard. my uncle almost had something similar happen but luckily the brain bleed was slower than it sounds like bobs was and he went to the ER when his vision started getting blurry. literally went a few days with a slow bleed from a minor blow to the side of his head

19. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I’m going to choose to believe that — that the last thing he felt was his high from doing a great show that night as he drifted off to sleep, and that he died happily in his sleep with no idea what was happening to him.

20. Like Ric Ocasek. He never even stirred in his sleep as he died. His wife was right next to him, she woke up the next morning, thinking that Ric was still crashed, but he had died sometime in the night.

I doubt that Bob had much of a struggle.

21. Vahan

I just remembered that Robin Harris also died unexpectedly in his hotel room in 1990, after doing a show. And he was even younger than Bob when he died. In fact, it was because of Bob's death that I remembered Robin Harris.

MikaelaArsenault, AKA and JediJones like this.
  22. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Over 30 years ago, I was at a bar and somebody busted a pool cue over the back of my head. I had a fractured skull, the left side of my head was swollen several inches, I had a gigantic black eye and I went almost totally deaf in my left ear for 3-4 days, in addition to having the very worst headache imaginable. The ER doctor told me to have somebody wake me up every 20 or 30 minutes to make sure I hadn't lost consciousness. The cops were called but nothing could be done because nobody wanted to admit they saw the guy who hit me when my back was turned. I remember the cop said "This isn't over, you have a serious head injury. You could fall over dead in a few days." Real comforting!

23. Pussycat

Pussycat (=^•.•^=)~*

How sad. Peaceful at least.

24. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

Natasha Richardson was hospitalized a few hours after the accident, but still died days later in 2009. It sounds like her condition rapidly deteriorated, and she was brain dead within hours after the accident. The articles seem to say if this condition can be treated quickly enough, by evacuating the blood from the area of the brain injury, it is most likely survivable.

Was Richardson's Death Avoidable?

Richardson declined treatment at first, until she started to feel more symptoms. The first Canadian hospital she was taken to was "unequipped" to deal with the injury. By the time she was transferred to the second hospital, she was already brain dead. It sounds like she was then transferred to a NYC hospital just to let friends and family see her before she was taken off life support.

Inside Natasha Richardson's Tragic and Shocking Death

Natasha Richardson - Wikipedia

On 16 March 2009, Richardson sustained a head injury when she fell while taking a beginner skiing lesson at the Mont Tremblant Resort, about 130 kilometres (81 mi) from Montreal.[20] At first, she refused any medical help but complained of a severe headache about two hours after the accident. She was flown to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where she died two days later from an epidural hematoma.[21]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.