Bono (U2) to publish memoir - Nov 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadbirdie, May 10, 2022.

1. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

People criticizing Bono for tax avoidance?
    Who knew we had so many Marxists at the forum.

ARK, MikeManaic61, enro99 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

Please provide evidence that this happened. And please name the very rich guy that you think Bono played a concert for so people can know exactly what you're insinuating.

3. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

Bit of leap going there.

KevTokyo and Django like this.
  4. Exit Flagger

No, I’m glad to see it. Very refreshing.

5. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

I agree!

6. Exit Flagger

Also I love Bono and all his blarney and U2 is easily one of the greatest bands of all time.

ARK, Vox78, Ron2112 and 3 others like this.
  7. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

I jumped off the U2 wagon in the early 90s. But they had a fantastic first decade or so. Let Bono write his book, hang out with the Pope and occasionally blow hot air. He’s earned it. They were THE band of the 1980s, and their place in history is very much deserved.

8. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

As far as I know, U2 have only played one show for a very rich guy - which was somewhat unplanned (that is, they needed to borrow a bass from a friend as the very rich guy didn't have one) and unrehearsed , was only 4 songs, and was in a back garden in Oxfordshire in April 2017, which wasn't a private gig as much as a bit of a ramshackle knockabout.

9. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I disagree 100 percent on that personally. And I am glad bands like U2, Pearl Jam, etc. are never afraid to sing about what they believe in and act on it

MikeManaic61, Gavaxeman and Lazerize like this.
  10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

So I guess you think all musicians should just sing about girls and cars, right? :wtf:

"Just a musician". :rolleyes:

Man at C&A likes this.
  11. Flannel

Flannel Forum Resident

I'm thinking maybe 2 things...

12. Matt Barone

Matt Barone Forum Resident

might be in the minority here, gave up on him and the band years ago. I think his ego is a bit too big and this book might not fit on my book shelf.

Fred1 and Flannel like this.
  13. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Will it end wth him being declared a Saint?

14. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Hahaha.

15. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Which is why I thought he should have made the Title of his New Book, ‘Save The Drama For Your Mama’:agree:.

Seriously though, that joke aside, I do appreciate his raising awareness of Social Causes and his willing to meet with Right Wing Senators in the US in the past to try and get them on board for funding some of those Social Causes, and some of them were so old, they probably still had no idea who Bono and U2 were, as Music Artists(who are now a Jurassic Rock Band themself).

Just wish Bono and his Band Mates were not mostly coasting musically since 2000(with a few Exceptions for some of their Songs during those years, and I do like about half of Atomic Bomb, No Line on the Horizon & Songs of Innocence-including a few B-Sides from the Deluxe 2 CDs version of that Album). There is probably One(No Pun Intended) Great U2 Album that could be made from all of their Post 2000 Songs. Maybe, even Two Albums.

16. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Bloated with travel time to heads of states, save the world, environment. Gonna be a snooze. Jagger's manuscript was handed back.

Rufus rag likes this.
  17. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

I find it hard to believe that Mick Jagger wrote a memoir and the publisher refused to publish it. I find it hard to believe he wrote a memoir - he's a pretty private guy.

I also fail to see what this supposed occurrence has to do with Bono's book, since it's obviously coming out.

Oatsdad and Gavaxeman like this.
  18. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

A funny piss take of Bono!

19. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

The Stones pile all their loot through the Netherlands to avoid the big tax bite. Mick lives in the Caribbean saving himself a monster hit on his income. They all do it. The Bahamas thing imploded decades ago...ask John Fogerty.

20. Grahamstuartcanada

Grahamstuartcanada We play two kinds of music “new” and “wave”

"Some things hurt more, much more than cars and girls"

Man at C&A likes this.
  21. I like him just fine too.

ARK, HotelYorba101 and Lazerize like this.
  22. ILoveLucille

ILoveLucille The infernal desire machines of Dr Steve Hoffman

Bono and Edge should have done something less predictable in the Kiev subway and broke into renditions of 'Mofo' and 'The Fly.'

23. Yeppers41

Yeppers41 Forum Resident

You are aware you pop up in every Morrissey thread to complain about his opinions differing to yours, aren't you?

24. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Not a big fan of Morrisey's music but man, he's always got something interesting to say! Would defo buy his book if he ever wrote one!

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  25. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

He's written an autobiography and a novel. Reviews of the former were mixed, I'm not sure anyone liked the latter.