Borders Coupons

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ubsman, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

2. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Does anyone know if you can use one of these coupons on a pre-order?

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You should be able to do so...

4. street legal

Thanks. I'm gonna try, at least.

5. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

I've used them on many pre-orders. And I have it shipped to the store, so I don't have to pay for shipping (unless the total is over $25, which makes shipping to your address free).

6. Oatsdad

Or if you joined the Borders Rewards Plus, or whatever it's called - if you do that, EVERYTHING you order online ships free! :righton:

7. street legal

Excellent, thank you! The new Hendrix box will be mine for $36 ........ can't beat that with a stick. :)

8. street legal

Well that didn't work out like I had planned. It seems that IF the item is already discounted, which in this case it is, at $49.99, then you get 33% off of the LIST price, which is $66.99.
    So you can get the Hendrix box for about $48 (after 7% NJ sales tax), which still isn't a bad deal, but really not that much cheaper than you can get it from say, Amazon.

Oh well ......... :(

9. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Attached Files:

10. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

11. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

12. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Did anyone else get an email with $10 free Borders Bucks that expires on (I think) the 23rd? It says it's online and in store but I can't figure out how to use it.

13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I think it is for current members that upgrade to a Barnes & Noble type of paid account, with the $10 being an extra coupon in return.

14. Yeah, that's classic Borders pricing and coupon policy which does severely limit the bargains you can get through Borders coupons. Usually Amazon will have a price lower (or slightly higher) than Borders "sale" price and they don't require sales tax. But in this case Amazon's $53. price for the new Jimi box set is bested by the Border's deal (a 40% coupon would be great now).

15. It is tied to your rewards account. When you check out at a Borders store, you can request the clerk to apply the $10 discount to your purchase. It also works on the website, it is available on the page you input your credit card information.

16. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

17. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

18. Oatsdad

19. Do you think a multi-disk box set would qualify?

20. Oatsdad

I looked closely at the coupon and saw nothing that said it WOULDN'T. Normally they'd have fine print to exclude boxed sets, but that wasn't there.

The only question would be if the clerk claimed it wasn't a CD set since it includes DVDs or Blu-rays...

21. street legal

I just called my local Borders, & they do have 1 copy in stock, which they are going to hold for me. The guy on the phone told me that they would take 40% off of the list price of $70, for a total of $42 + tax.

Edit: Sorry, what I am talking about is the new Hendrix box set, but I am sure that any other CD box set would apply.

22. Great news, thanks.:)

23. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

I was able to use the 40% off for the Springsteen box. Keep in mind that's 40% off Borders' inflated price but it still works out cheaper than anywhere else.

24. Jay F

Jay F New Member

25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.