Bowie LET’S DANCE Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

Despite the fact that Let's Dance sold shedloads upon release, I can't see it being singled out for a stand-alone deluxe edition.

What I can see is them using the image of Serious Moonlight Dave to promote the box, over any of his other 80s looks.

2. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

:biglaugh:
    Mine's a bit old. Would like a fresh one. I see it's in the new box set so I will wait a bit longer.

3. nick jones

nick jones Forum Resident

Now we'll have a Nile Rodgers remaster and no more boring Visconti's remasters

stef1205 and e.s. like this.
  4. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Nile Rodgers or possibly Bob Ludwig who mastered the LP in '83

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  5. Colin Allstations

I like how this is all based on nothing

6. nick jones

nick jones Forum Resident

wishful thinking

7. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Oh, it’s based on something.

Official Bowie Instagram sent out a sound clip of the demo this morning. Caption said, “Listen to this. #Bowie Teaser”

nick jones likes this.
  8. davers

davers Forum Resident

Plus there are some of us who straddle 70s and 80s era Bowie and love them both. Count me in for any deluxe edition if it's in the works!

MadMelMon, AlienRendel and SJP like this.
  9. Colin Allstations

AHHH I see that must mean it's a deluxe Let's Dance my bad. BTW it said "listen to me". My avatar is a hot babe.

10. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Bowie and Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of the worst marriages in rock history. Vaughn is barely heard on Let's Dance. Never mind their relationship and pre-tour disagreements.

bluesbro likes this.
  11. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

And then those of us who came along after, starting in the 90s and lapped up all of it.

Max Florian and davers like this.
  12. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Well, you changed your post before I could respond, but yes, “Listen to me.”

Regardless, a demo wouldn’t be a teaser for the next box set — the box sets don’t include demos. It’s either a deluxe set for Let’s Dance, or the b-side of the next picture disc.

seasonsinthesky and nfmboss666 like this.
  13. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

What was the last reissue series that altered format three years in?

14. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Who knows? I’m not saying what i’m Suggesting will happen. Just speculating.

15. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

I would expect a box of Bowie's 80s work to sell at least as well, if not better, than the previous sets. Also, given all the stray soundtrack & remix tunes, there is tons of less common stuff to clean up and gather into a set.

16. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

We’ll see I guess. I just figured what is widely considered the golden era of Bowie has been covered, so maybe now there could be a change of approach.

17. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Sure, anything's possible. But as far as the accountants are concerned, the 80's IS the golden era of Bowie.

18. It would be interesting to hear especially given that David recycled songs from the Iggy Pop album and himself for this album...

I'd welcome a deluxe boxed set for the Tin Machine era and to see us get Tin Toy.

19. Colin Allstations

No it isn't.

20. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Those accountants show hurry and pre-order themselves a limited edition $ 3,000 Denis O'Regan Ricochet photo book.

Let's Dance DeLuxe ... poor @oldturkey probably shopping for a bigger bucket as we speak :agree:

[​IMG]
    Sometimes it snows in December

21. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Got it.

Seeing as how you previously argued all the speculation was “based on nothing” when the Bowie camp is clearly trading new produce, sorry if I don’t take anything you say as at all serious or in any way informed.

22. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Not so sure if I agree with this.
    Being a Bowie fan of long standing, I bought this album when released. When I first heard “Cat People” I thought WHO is that playing guitar? I mentioned this to a Bowie fan friend of mine, who is also a serious blues aficionado.
    He knew chapter & verse about SR Vaughn.

Personally I thought he brought a higher standard of musicianship to the album. The only rift I recall was Bowie wanting to pay him scale when the band went on tour. He bailed, and went on tour with his own band. Coincidentally, the very night Bowie was in Detroit with this tour, I was across town at the Royal Oak Music Theatre seeing SR Vaughn & Double Trouble. On the bill with Fab T-Birds opening. Great show!

23. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

I love Bowie, and I'm lukewarm at best on The Blues, but that's messed up. Even a blues agnostic like me can see that SRV's a genius.

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Hopefully a Luddy remaster. :D No problem with Niles doing it though.

25. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I hope we get another live archive show. Seems like the next box set would be next fall.

AlienRendel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.