Boxsets We Want To Be Made

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jul 10, 2022.

1. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

What exactly would it include? Contemporary EPs? KS is a known perfectionist and would never, ever release stuff he decided not to release, like recording sessions that didn't make the original cut.

2. human riff 999

human riff 999 Forum Resident

Another set I would really like to see would Be Gram Parsons Emmy Lou Harris and The Fallen Angels Spring Tour 1973...They played Philly Max's Kansas City NY, the Long Island show and a couple others....5 or 6 shows would be really fantastic

Gram Parsons and The Flying Burrito Brothers Before and After GP....early shows like Bears shows Seattle Pop Festival and ones like Authorized Bootleg/Fillmore East

Great Roots music for country rock

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  3. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

A boxset containing all the money I've spent on boxsets...

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Bob Seger put out that anemically short CD vault release through Walmart a decade or so ago. I am sure he and Punch thought: "Let's put out this cheapo release and prove to ourselves once and for all that no one really cares about this stuff."

Sean, ARK, C6H12O6 and 2 others like this.
  5. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I'm probably the only one here who would love it, but a box set of all the music from Austin's Glass Eye would be mighty fine. That's 4 LP's & 2 EP's.

granata likes this.
  6. human riff 999

Perhaps another nice box would be similar Mike Nesmith and The First National Band....5 or 6 shows....he was much more of a pioneer of the country rock vein than a lot of people know....people say he and Gram knew of each other and influenced each other....they were both in CA

7. human riff 999

Another might be Freddie King Big As Life On Stage....a nice set of his really strong sets from Europe and US playing and showing his influence on EC Greeny Taylor Gary Moore Beck Kim Simmonds Page

danasgoodstuff likes this.
  8. Now that's something I'd love to see. And while we're at it, please also expand Live 1980/86 from 4 sides of vinyl to 4 full CDs.

Scott57 likes this.
  9. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG]

Swansong, ARod, Sean and 7 others like this.
  10. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

The Roches - Warner Bros albums (currently out of print), outtakes and live sets. Liner notes by Robert Fripp who produced their first album.

Kenny Rankin - Little David and Atlantic albums (currently out of print), outtakes and live sets (solo or with the backup band from Silver Morning - Peter Marshall, Wendy Haas and RoyMcCurdy).

Glad Man and HappyFingers like this.
  11. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I'd love a series of single collections similar in style to Depeche Mode. Grouped by album, each disc containing all the relevant mixes/versions plus b-sides by artists like Pet Shop Boys, Peter Gabriel, Sparks etc. Deluxe editions of Queen II, Peter Gabriel IV, Bowie's Blackstar/Station to Station. A boxset dedicated to the post-Magic Tour recordings by Queen, covering 1987-1997 (No-One But You).

12. Dan33185

Dan33185 Dylan/Cohen/Adams/T. Buckley/Holly

I would love a box set of all unreleased Ryan Adams recordings, starting with the Kotten recordings up to present day.

Swansong likes this.
  13. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

Most of us hear ya…you spend a chunk of cash, open it once, then periodically clean the dust off it. I won’t stop buying the odd one,obviously.

14. SPF2001

SPF2001 a must to avoid

Not at all definitive,and the band and Burton
    deserve separate boxes. I personally don't
    need any BTO.

15. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Benny Goodman - The Complete Savory Recordings

Swansong likes this.
  16. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I could care less what he decides is fit for release really. Dump all the surviving hard drives into a 48 cd super box. 120 different mixes each of Only Shallow and Soon, unfinished drone fragments, whatever.

17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

There was talk of a Independent release of material by The Iveys over 15-20 years ago in form of Boxset including early demos, BBC radio appearances, and several Live 60's club gigs...

Some of the material by The Iveys has trickled out in last 4 years possibly more in 2023-24

Sean and granata like this.
  18. Gary_Stewart

Gary_Stewart Forum Resident

I have bootleg audience tapes of all of the shows, but they have to exist as soundboard recordings. All of them are great and unique sets.

mdekoning likes this.
  19. simoncm

simoncm Forum Resident

David McWilliams - Complete
    Mott the Hoople - Complete Island recordings.

Swansong likes this.
  20. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Roches-----YES.

Glad Man, Amoepe and PsychGuy like this.
  21. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Seger needed money 10 years ago.

22. misterjones

Tommy Dorsey - The Complete RCA Victor Recordings
    Stan Kenton - The Complete Concerts in Miniature

Swansong likes this.
  23. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

Kenny Rogers. Complete box set of all albums, duets, soundtrack songs, and singles including First Edition

Dave112 likes this.
  24. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

25. misterjones

E. Power Biggs - The Complete Technichord, RCA Victor and Columbia Recordings (including all multichannel recordings in SACD format)

TheHypnoToad and jfeldt like this.