Bright House Networks...Great Cable Channels,but TERRIBLE Repair services!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mr_mjb1960, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

My Digital Cable was giving me trouble on Saturday (The same time my Air Conditoner broke down,BTW!:realmad:),so I got them on the phone and told them my On-Demand Programming wasn't working,the on-air I-Poll too wasn't working,ditto for the "Start Over" function...they'd came and fixed it..I thought..until a day later,when it malfunctioned ALL OVER AGAIN! I'm gettin' fed up over this! Does anyone else here have Bright House? And,are you getting the same,unreliable sevice,too?:shake:

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Did you reboot your smart box or DVR Michael?

I have the same thing you do (Bright House). The worst I ever got from them is (after telling them my problem) "We'll can have someone out there on Monday". I'm thinking "What?! That's 3 days from now!". I have their high-speed cable service as well, and when the cable goes, usually the internet is out. Not always, though.

Also, they've been upgrading their software for their cable boxes. I could see the difference on mine Tuesday in my bedroom. Yesterday (after a software download, I guess) the picture was stuck on "Press Select for (whatever)". After trying everything else, as I've found with them, I just rebooted the box and that took care of it. They even recommend it occasionally.

3. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

Yeah,rebooted it and did everything they'd told me to...nothing! I think I have a faulty box..I'll have to recall them again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.