Britney Spears may never again perform live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaithMonkey

FaithMonkey Forum Resident

Britney is trying to get out from her conservatorship right now and her team including her father and manager doesn't want that to happen and now they're on court. There are lot of stuff's that's been going on and it's hard to keep up with it unless you're a Britney diehard fan.

Britney Spears Wants Manager Larry Rudolph Fired

ziggytvs, Marble Index and Jmac1979 like this.
  2. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Considering that she has faced mental health issues before and is apparently again seeking help, the obvious jokes about where she ever actually performed are instantly hackneyed.

CybrKhatru and Grant like this.
  3. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I don't understand why she's STILL under a conservatorship for "sins" she made at 25 years old. In comparison, Mariah Carey had a very public meltdown in 2001 due to mental illness and yet she's gotten back on track and she doesn't have people still treating her like a little girl because of a breakdown she had over a decade ago. Mariah seems to be surrounded with more positive people in her life than Britney does, and that makes a world of difference.

FaithMonkey and Marble Index like this.
  4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

You spoke too soon.

5. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

Britney makes top rate records and I hope she will continue to do so but it's up to her. The article kind of seems like a bunch of BS, like the manager simultaneously puffing himself up to get in RS while admitting that he has no clue what's up and hasn't talked to her in months. I hope she's okay because I like her music and I hope everyone is okay - I don't know her personally and so probably caring about someone's mental health whom you don't know just because of their recordings is part of what got her into the state she's in in the first place - but it sucks to be a child star, which is what happened to her. She's a good person - I've talked to people who work with her and have that - second-hand? I guess that's second-hand, right? That all having been said, the manager seems like an okay guy, just clueless...

6. FaithMonkey

FaithMonkey Forum Resident

She's under her father's hands right now who is exploiting her
    Well Britney has mental illness which is said to be part of her family and she's also under her father's conservatorship who is exploiting and controls her brand . Now Britney had enough and goes to court toto get out of this nonsense and hopefully she'll get what she wants .

As for the thread , her manager said that there will be an upcoming album.

Britney Spears May Never Perform Again, Manager Says

Marble Index likes this.
  7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I dunno. I've seen a lot of broadway productions with people doing all kinds of crazy stuff while still singing. It's difficult, but the fact that it's difficult should be why it's worth seeing. If it was easy, anyone could do it.

I think this is just the world lowering it's standards for entertainment. Not everything has to be super complex or deep, there's nothing wrong with good, mindless pop. But at the bare minimum, at an event that ostensibly revolves around someone known for music, people should be playing and singing it live, whether there's dancing or not. I feel like society should at least ask that of their entertainers.

FredHubbard likes this.
  8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

There is talk of her back-sliding and more out-of-control behavior. Who knows if it’s true, but maybe she’s fine and doing very well and time for her to go it with new management and total independence.

9. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Welp, at least she can thank Rolling Stone for exposing her life right up until the end of her concert career. I don’t recall ever seeing another artist’s rise and fall covered as much in the media as Britney Spears. She is blueprint for the media building an artist up, harassing them to no end, and watching them come apart; while, every sadistic voyeur imaginable gets off on watching it happen.

Her retiring from concerts, and more of the public eye, is just going to make her more of a target for images of her sluffing around in her pj and slippers and trying to live a “normal” life; all for the sickos who love seeing stars fall and glimpses of the unmanaged cleavage that they enjoyed when she was a teen.

Britney is an example of everything that is wrong with sex symbols in the media.

10. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Subtitle: Britney Spears Technically Never Actually Performed Live

All jokes aside, mental illness is a real bitch. Speaking as someone who has bipolar disorder I know this all too well. She's not my usual cup of tea music wise but every once in a while she's put out a song (like "Toxic") that I really dig. I wish her all the best and for her and her fans' sake I hope this isn't the end of her story or career.

11. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Like Kiss :winkgrin:

12. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I read this somewhere, probably the best "next upcoming tour" promotion ever, Not that I would go see Britney, except if she was on the Pori Jazz festival, Finland, Then yes.

13. PAYUPSKI

PAYUPSKI Forum Resident

she's been taking care of her whole family her whole life. (since her teens) ... Poor girl needs a break. Mental illness is no joke. All the money in the world,people still suffer from this disease. Sad story... Get Well Soon Britney!

Marble Index and Grant like this.
  14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The CNN article I read a few days ago said that her father is not exploiting Britney and welcomes her mother into the conservatory. All Britney wants to do is start paying attention to herself for a change.

Now, we know how public relations can be, but i'd say everyone (the media) needs to give it a rest. I'm she will be back performing or recording barring any major family issues with her father.

15. Polyphenol

Polyphenol Forum Resident

16. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

She's sold more records that I have. I wish her well. We've seen enough tragedies.

17. Marble Index

Marble Index Forum Resident

#freebritney

I want nothing but health and happiness for Britney, that has given me and so many others so much over the years. I'm touched by the compassion in this thread, and utterly disgusted by those who proudly display joy in her alleged retirement from performing, a statement made by her manager, who might be on his way out the door after that interview. If she regains control of her life and career, I hope the first thing she does is get rid of her whole team, starting with her father and Larry Rudolph!

ziggytvs, FaithMonkey and Jmac1979 like this.
  18. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

A part of me wants to believe this is a huge publicity stunt, a way to give her an out for a few years, and to have a huge tour when she hits 42.

19. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

I don't know how her mental health will progress or how her music will age, nor do I presume to know what's best for her. But even at this late date, she is still young enough that "never" seems sweeping and perhaps premature.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

He hasn't talked to her in months.

As her manager, that's pretty weird and speaks to the gravity of the situation.

I don't care much about Brittany the artist, but mental illness is a bear that never goes away. I hope she finds a way to navigate out, and I hope those around her truly have her best interests at heart.

Jmac1979 and Marble Index like this.
  21. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

They adore and crave all the media attention on the way up from being an unknown and when they are "at the top". Without that nonstop media attention (way over the top relative to her "talent") she never becomes a huge RICH megastar. Without the media attention, she never makes it (because she doesn't have the talent to be able to just rely on talent and hard work alone).

And of course ironically, and hypocritically, she wants NO media exposure and attention on the way down. She then thinks the media is unfair to give her all this attention when the downward spiral begins and it's UNFAIR! she and her fans scream. Now she thinks the media is stalking her and being mean!

Ahh, the age old irony. Sorry. You can't have it both ways. You wanted it and welcomed it and basked in it on the way to the top. You made your deal with the devil. You became RICH. You can't now skate away from the media attention and exposure as you fall. They go hand in hand. It's now payback time. Sorry, that's the reality--it was all your choice.

22. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

What a performance!
    Get this poor woman some help immediately! Someone call the hotline!
    She had difficulty pulling off the sudden fake tears but just in case. Bellevue, get a room ready for her quickly!

23. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

to be fair. Britney's mental illness has been under the media microscope for a dozen years now. This goes back to the head-shaving days and when she was attacking a car with an umbrella. This was 2007 and her handlers are making sure she's still paying for it in 2019, and its unfair to her.

Marble Index likes this.
  24. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

That's actually a dude, and years later he actually did a followup video lol

25. obasaz

obasaz Forum Resident

How Britney Spears Built a Billion-Dollar Business Without Selling a Single Record
    The Curious Staying Power of Britney’s Perfume Empire

Her contract with Elizabeth Arden/Revlon pays her millions of dollars every year (a guaranteed fixed fee in addition to a royalty percentage) , not unlike the Elizabeth Taylor brand; and her perfume brand remains extremely successful 15 years after its launch, releasing nearly 30 different fragrances to date.

How are you even supposed to respond to something like this??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.