Britney Spears may never again perform live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

I'm sorry, but payback for what exactly? Entertaining millions of people and making them happy? Surely no greater crime!

2. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I get a kick out of someone who complains about negative threads when all they do is post negative thoughts in threads.
    Telling us how we are all negative and what's wrong with people who perceive music in a different way than they do.
    Then talks about how threads go bad while paving the way...

I'm not talking about you Brad, you're the good guy.

3. FaithMonkey

FaithMonkey Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Who on this forum can truthfully say we haven't shaved our heads and attacked a 4X4 with an umbrella?

aficionaudio and Nice Marmot like this.
  5. idleracer

idleracer Forum Resident

:kilroy: Somehow, I don't recall Annette Funicello's career having a shelf life that stretched over a quarter of a century.

Rfreeman likes this.
  6. FaithMonkey

FaithMonkey Forum Resident

7. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Go away from this thread and take your rancid negativity with you.
    Really, just go.....

Marble Index and Cheepnik like this.
  8. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Nah Ms Policewoman, I'm in for the train wreck.

9. KarlFarbman

Try reading the post again. Go slower if you need to. ;)

10. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

It was a sprinkler with a swimming noodle but I get your point.

11. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Considering Britney was a child when she started getting exposure, I find it hard to believe that she was the one motivated as you describe. It’s seems like she might have been a pawn in somebody else’s deal with the devil, to me.

12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

13. KarlFarbman

You drama queens can all back off from the edge of the cliff now.

mmars982 likes this.
  14. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

Hope she takes care of herself...she pretty much set the trend for pop music of the last 20 years...she was the Aretha/Madonna of her generation

15. KarlFarbman

Uuhh, no. Don't insult an iconic real singer like Aretha Franklin like that by even mentioning them in the same breath. And at best, Spears was Madonna Extremely Lite. Madonna is far more talented.

16. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

all personal preference , no arguing her impact

17. KarlFarbman

Well yes, you can absolutely argue impact. Aretha made a huge impact on music for decades and decades, across racial and cultural lines. We're talking 50+ years of impact especially on other female singers that followed. It's not even close. Aretha was a real singer, not a lip syncing performer. You need to educate yourself about music history. Your comments are incredibly shallow and naive.

It's like someone saying KISS is just as iconic, talented and influential as The Beatles--that's the gulf btw Britney and Aretha.

18. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I hope she gets herself together. She seems to be a nice lady in interviews. A great pop star at her best.

Witchy Woman and bob60 like this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Everyone needs a hobby. :D

Nice Marmot likes this.
  20. Maltman

Maltman Somewhat grumpy, but harmless old man.

Britney Autotune?

21. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Take or leave Spears' music as you wish.

At least one persistent participant in this thread seems unable to wait until she dies in abject pain and humiliation.

Spears clearly has her issues, but what does such a sentiment tell us about how damaged you are?

dustybooks, Larry Mc, Chuckee and 4 others like this.
  22. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Not saying what she did was rational, but its been 12 years, its time her people finally allowed her a little more freedom. It's like punishing a 30 year old and not letting them drive because they wrecked a car at 18.

Mariah had her trainwreck tabloid meltdown in 2001 but her handlers and family didn't treat her like a child, and she's done quite well since. Difference is that she was allowed to actually live without being pilled out of her mind and have management and parents treating her like she's over 12 years old. Mariah's mental illness is well known too, except she's treated with respect and with people who realize she's a grown woman. Britney on the other hand is still paying for spiraling out of control after her divorce a dozen years ago, and its time they stop punishing her.

23. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Everyone please be aware that there is a new member/troll @KarlFarbman who is doing his best to derail this thread.
    Please everyone just ignore his petty attention seeking so as not to get this thread closed down.

24. KarlFarbman

??
    Who appointed you Supreme Arbiter of What Shall Be Posted? Get over yourself. I have every right to give my opinion about this performers career as you or anyone else. Everything I posted is factually correct and is relevant to the topic. Why don't I have the right to disagree that Spears is nowhere close to Aretha Franklin?
    Quit telling other people how to post in an opinion forum. This whole thing is much ado about nothing anyway.

Grant likes this.
  25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Brit didn't use Autotune at concerts, I don't think - she straight up lip-synched most of the time.

Sounds like a live band here and live backing vocals but canned Brit:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.