Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

from nugs:
    The holidays are here and per archive series tradition, we're hard at work on a special release for Christmas. Due to that ongoing work there will not be a First Friday release tomorrow, but rest assured it will be worth the wait

Has to be big. Someone needed more time to mix or they needed to improve the sound of something only in two track stereo...maybe more than one.

So excited.

2. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

last time there was a delay and a promise of something 'big' Bruce put out Bridge, which everyone had in super quality. So Im kind of skeptical.

Jimmy B. and ExHead like this.
  3. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

They need to improve the sound quality over everything they've released so far!

Compressed and brickwalled releases do absolutely nothing for me at all!

4. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

im thinking its a show with special guests that needs releases.

5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

:biglaugh:

6. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Little Steven just released a bunch of archival rehearsal tracks from 73-77. It’s all mono, sounds rough in spots, but a lot of it really crackles. Bruce, take a page from Steve’s book and just put the old stuff out, warts n all.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

maybe one of the sets from the benefits with bobby bandiera band.

GLUDFSSR likes this.
  8. kmk pdx

kmk pdx Forum Resident

Completely agree. Back in the early days, it was fans like us who helped Bruce achieve success by playing his music for others, bringing all our friends to his shows, calling the radio stations (and playing his records ourselves on college radio stations, at parties, etc.). I'm really surprised that the Archives haven't done more to thank Bruce's oldest fans by making earlier shows available.

From '75-'78, Bruce gave live performances than neither he nor anyone else has since equaled. He's 70 now, and his oldest fans aren't that much behind him. And yes, we all think that we're doing our best stuff now (regardless of age) and that our earlier works are not up to our later standards. But artists who ignore their early work in favor of later efforts snub their fans and their own creative history, evolution and output. (See, e.g., Joni Mitchell).

If they're ever gonna release these shows, now is the time. Otherwise, perhaps our great grandchildren will get to hear them in the Smithsonian someday.

Jimmy B., budwhite and hodgo like this.
  9. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

I thought the general theory was that the Bridge Benefit show was a last minute replacement because they wanted to do something to honor Elliot Roberts?

Adam Bosman and hodgo like this.
  10. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Well, thankfully we had the bootleggers doing their thing all these years. I still listen to Cambridge '74, Jacksonville '77 and Vietnam Vets '81 as much as the official stuff.

11. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Maybe part of it could be needing to retrieve the masters. I’d imagine it’s more than one full length show that will be individually for each night/bundled together (a la each leg of the latest tour)

12. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

13. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Spot on! I'm really grateful for them giving me the chance to pay them some more money.

GLUDFSSR, Terry, Alan57 and 2 others like this.
  14. What are the signs “the project is winding down”?Can’t see any myself.I’m guessing they have another 5 years at least on the current schedule.

J_D__ likes this.
  15. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

Make that five of the hottest, baddest live bands ever:

MkI: Bruce, Danny, Vini, Garry, Clarence
    MkII: Bruce, Danny, Vini, Davy, Garry, Clarence
    MkIII: Bruce, Danny, Boom, Davy, Garry, Clarence
    MkIV: Bruce, Danny, Max, Roy, Garry, Clarence [and sometimes Suki]
    MkV: Bruce, Danny, Max, Roy, Garry, Clarence and Steve

:pineapple:

Flaming Torch and Dr. Zoom like this.
  16. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Where does one find such things?

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  17. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

One finds such things by using one’s access to the internet to conduct a search for such things. One would find that such things are readily available.

marcb likes this.
  18. WarEagleRK

Never knew that was an option. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Jimmy B., Rockford & Roll and Citrus like this.
  19. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Well if I ran the Bruce archive stuff you would be able to buy a download of a show by each lineup and a proper 5cd set of highlights sold by normal retailers with one disc for each Mk.
    Not related to downloads but I have finally bought a copy of the 1978 Darkness tour book The Light in the Darkness. I assume it will be a great book!

20. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

WarEagleRK likes this.
  21. WarEagleRK

Jimmy B. likes this.
  22. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Oh yeah, that was WAY too expensive. I and many others who'd buy the unreleased material dismissed it the moment it was announced due to the exorbitant price. (The Lost Boys lost forever, it seems. Unfortunate)

23. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I'm thinking it's something that they're trying to drum up business to a crowd/fanbase that doesn't need any, by there being no release yesterday.
    But I'm hoping it's something really outstanding (like from his best year) while getting no hopes up. I mean, they've let me (and others) down so many times, I ain't getting excited. It will be whatever they decide. (That sounds terribly ominous, actually)

24. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

25. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

WarEagleRK likes this.