Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Fair points, but if you add up all the tracks between the audio release, DVD bonus, and various comps/singles (don’t forget Code of Silence from “Essential”) you get 29 total songs. Pretty big representation.

2. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Do we still have the insider on here that we have had before who would hear ads for concerts premiering?

3. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

do we know for a fact that the third to last show was filmed?

4. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

According to Brucebase, it was professionally filmed and parts of Thunder Road and If I Should Fall Behind are from the third to last show. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's a brief clip of Adam Raised a Cain from that night used in the short documentary that is included as a bonus on the DVD release.

5. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

well, I'd pay good money for a 3xMSG blu ray :) :)

Adam Schellin and graveyardboots like this.
  6. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

laf848 likes this.
  7. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

The only post-reunion video I really want to see is Met Life 2016.

Hoping Friday brings NJ 1981, but not holding my breath.

Adam Schellin and budwhite like this.
  8. gobillygo

gobillygo Forum Resident

Back to real news today, we're happy to share some good news: Nugs.net's official Springsteen live archive series, which has been dropping a new historic concert on the First Friday of most every month, does not appear to be affected by the pandemic; we are getting continued indications that there will be a fresh new release tomorrow, April 3. We can all use something like this to look forward to. So tune in tomorrow, and of course we hope you'll support the series now more than ever, to keep the concerts coming.

Backstreets just posted

9. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Based on what I’ve seen on BTX The Rising tour is one that’s been talked about a lot. Maybe that one.
    If so: September 2002, March 2003, Final 2+ months or so of the tour.
    What if through September were
    4/3: Rising (see above) or Magic (Nov ‘07, April ‘08, August’08). Or Seeger sessions (June or November ‘06) if not E Street Band.
    5/1: Devils & Dust (April or October ‘05) or any of the above that doesn’t come tomorrow
    6/5: Wrecking Ball (April, November 2012) or anything we don’t get in April/May.
    Maybe an album announcement + some touring announcement in later June.
    7/3: Last unreleased Nassau show from 1980 or anything else remaining used for the 1975-85 collection.
    8/7: Whatever else remains from the 1975-85 collection.
    9/4: Anything that didn’t come between April and June or Reunion (November 1999, April 2000, June 2000)
    Maybe by then everything would be good for him to go out on a tour and put the album out (Sep/Oct).

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  10. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

If tomorrow's release is anything from the 2000's, it will be automatic pass (for this fan).

11. John22

John22 Forum Resident

12. bfackler

bfackler Senior Member

This is a live playlist series that Nugs has been doing for several months. Nothing new for the hardcore fans.

John22 likes this.
  13. BeatleBruceMayer

BeatleBruceMayer Forum Resident

I saw four rising shows and the one that should be released is the Miami show. They played Because the Night with Bono (and Dave Stewart on guitar), If I Should Fall Behind with Dion, and the encores started with an introduction by Vinny Pastore (Sopranos) and the played So Young and in Love.

I saw two Magic tour shows and the Orlando Magic (no pun) saw the encores with Roger McGuinn.

If we're talking reunion tour, I saw six, the one I saw that never gets mentioned is the second Atlanta show. It was the premier of Further On (Up the Road) and American Skin. It was also the second night set with Ties That Bind, Jungleland, Point Blank, country/rockabilly No Surrender, and This Hard Land.

I saw one Working on a Dream tour show in Tampa and it's too bad Bruce's voice was so hoarse at the start of the show because they did Jole Blon and All or Nothin' At All.

Bruce and Rockford & Roll like this.
  14. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I'm with you! Ideally I'd love to see something pre 78 but if it's anything post 88 this fan will also be giving it a miss.

Jimmy B., johnny q and bobcat like this.
  15. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

I welcome anything in pristine quality.

16. Kev H

Kev H Well-Known Member

The Rising obviously is the most under presented tour yet, we just have to hope they have managed to decrypt the recordings they made using now obsolete equipment. I find it difficult to believe there isn't someone on this planet that could solve this.

Greggy_D and gobillygo like this.
  17. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Why free? Usual price. Proceeds to vital people like healthcare workers.

19. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

The Cat 3, jlf and HarvG like this.
  20. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

And cue the complaining.

The Cat 3 and adm62 like this.
  21. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Ugh. Bleh. Feh. Comments like those?? :shh:

Dugan and superstar19 like this.
  22. Greggy_D

Greggy_D Active Member

Adam Ayan is back at the mastering helm. I'm curious to see if quality has dropped off from Detroit.

23. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Well it does have Frankie

Greggy_D likes this.
  24. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Sunny Day! 13:41 Twist and Shout! Instant purchase!

superstar19 likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Yeah I'm not terribly excited about this one, but I also live in the real world where I know he probably has fewer than a half-dozen pre-'84 shows left in the vaults and approximately 1,000 1995-present gigs. It's just how it is. I still liked the Wrecking Ball tour with the expanded lineup a lot.