Captain Marvel Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shokhead, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

As a fan of Star Wars,I don't completely disagree with your assessment. the original Star Wars is a bit of a slog to get through after the opening scene and up until you get to the rescue on the Death Star sequence. Same with Return of the Jedi in spots. Empire Strikes Back however I still think is pretty great from start to finish. Of all the Star Wars films that one I can rewatch for pure enjoyment on its own,even though it's the middle chapter of a story ,it feels very satisfying to me weirdly.

I think honestly when I look at Star Wars,I'm more of a fan of the larger world,the characters and the lore than the Individual films themselves. it's a great story telling canvas.

Michael Rose and MPLRecords like this.
  2. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

The internet is full of weirdos.

GregM and Michael Rose like this.
  3. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Thread saved for evidence in the "Probably should just shut down he internet now."

But great criticism: "Feminist said it was good, but it sucked - so by the transitive property of feminism my opinion is good!"

Spencer R likes this.
  4. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Looking back ... I enjoyed the Cap'n Marvel moofie at the time (not top-tier Marvel, maybe more like of a bigger budget Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode) but I haven't thought about it all since then.

She's a character that come outta nowhere late in the game, can appear outta nowhere, and do just about anything. A deus ex machina when Avengers need some help.

So not an interesting character right now, unless something happens in subsequent Marvel moofies.

--Geoff

MPLRecords likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

:wave:

6. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

GotG2 , Aquaman, Antman/Wasp , Justice League. You can add Captain Marvel to this list of supers movies I bailed out on before the final third. Confusing to dumb script given to uninteresting actors and shot in a tonal blender.

Ghostworld likes this.
  7. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

..." G2 " was?

8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I enjoyed Guardians 2 & Antman/Wasp for what they were (I liked Guardians 2 quite a bit actually).

Aquaman was big dumb fun that looked pretty good onscreen, but I've had no desire to rewatch it since.

Justice League was a bit of a dud but it showed they were trying to fix some of the problems of previous DCEU films. Had some moments.

I didn't mind Captain Marvel that much, I thought it had some good bits and I like Brie Larson quite a bit, but I found it to be a rather average comic book movie.

WLL likes this.
  9. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

...I follow the DCEU movies, not the MCU (What can I say?:p) I thought Justice League. although a mess, reached " okay " status once the action scenes kicked in, in the last third:hide:.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  10. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

It had some ok stuff. I almost think they should have just had Whedon direct the whole thing instead of stepping in for Snyder half way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.