CD Pacific - anyone have good contact info? Anyone having problems?*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by agentalbert, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I always had CD Pacific ship as items were available, but I also always got free shipping with my orders.

The question about the shipping charge with CD Universe remains.

2. oldschool

oldschool I love tape hiss

For how long have they been closed for this 'update'?

Several weeks without normal operations pretty much means out of business..

3. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

They've been "inactive" for quite some time now. I ordered a couple of CDs a few months ago, but, although the discs were listed as being "in stock" when I ordered them, they've been on backorder ever since. They're regularly available, so this is not a good sign.

4. KeithH

If I can, I will cancel the one outstanding order I have with them (two Audio Fidelity gold CDs). Fortunately, they don't charge your card until they ship.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

Seriously wondering if this company is ever coming back. I started this thread on 2/6, and at that point I had been trying unsuccessfully to contact the company by e-mail, telephone and fax. The site is just on autopilot and nobody is even bothering to update the status of their downtime. Whoever did stuff like that probably stopped working when they didn't get paid and couldn't contact their boss.

Too bad, as there goes the best prices on the net for MFSL and AF titles.

6. KeithH

It is a shame. I discovered their site being down just a week ago and thought it was just a temporary thing. Then I learned about this thread and saw that it had been going on for a few weeks. :sigh:

I guess I will be ordering from CD Universe, though I still don't understand how they charge for shipping when they ship items separately (asked in post #49).

7. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Keith,

Not to split hairs, but you posted in this thread on Feb.9 (post #5) :)

8. KeithH

So I did. I obviously had forgotten about the issue. When I posted here more recently, I had been caught off guard by the site shutdown because I had just experienced it myself for the first time. Back on February 8th/9th (8th for me, 9th for you ;)), I was just reacting to agentalbert's concern.

Oh well. It looks like CD Pacific is dead. :sigh:

9. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Since CD Pacific is toast, which ships the best shipping, hopefully a box instead of a bubble wrapped envelope. When they ship them in a envelope the cd jewel case usually gets cracked. CE Pacific always packed mine in a box with plenty of padding. Who's cheaper and fastest, CD Universe?

10. KeithH

CD Universe is cheaper than Amazon, but I ordered from Amazon because I like how they pack CDs and I have had good experiences with them (including when I have had to return an item).

11. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Do we know for sure that CD Pacific is definitely toast?

CD Pacific shipments usually arrived intact though a recent APO SACD has a cracked jewel case which is a drag because they are expensive and not available at retail.

My highest percentage of cracked cases has come from CD Universe. I agree with Keith, Amazon packs their stuff nicely.

12. KeithH

We don't, but it's not looking good at all. Their web sites are claiming a 48-hour downtime, but it's been like that for about a month. Also, e-mail and phone inquiries are going unanswered.

Did anyone place orders from them around the time their web sites went down? If so, did you get your items?

13. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

And I thought I was out of the woods with CD Pacific. :sigh:

I just realized that I had returned a CD that they double-billed and double-shipped me... the Audio Fidelity Pretenders CD. I had an RA# and everything. I was supposed to get Alice Cooper's Killers in exchange.

Phone number is down and no idea how to see this through. :thumbsdn:

14. David P. Hill

What luck! That really sucks! Hope you get a hold of someone to solve your problem. They were my fav place to order the AF gold cds and great shipping!
    Good Luck!

15. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

CDPacific Any Recent News?

I logged on to the CDPacific website and it appears to be down.

I know they haven't been taking any orders since mid-Feb but the site was
    still up until this past Friday.

Does anyone have any updates on what is going on.

They were my go to Music shop for quite a while.

16. David P. Hill

17. KeithH

CD Pacific's web site is down completely now. I would say they are history.

18. KeithH

I just noticed that their web site is down completely. They're done. I am ordering Audio Fidelity gold CDs from Amazon now.

19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

My 1st and apparently last order with CD Pacific- 4 SH mastered Blue Note SACDs- was completed just a few days before they folded up their tent. At least they completed it.

20. KeithH

I wonder what became of their remaining inventory.

21. tiggers

tiggers Formerly tiggres

www.cdpacific.com

I can still see the website, login, and view account info. As well as search for titles.
    The only thing I cannot do is checkout and view the shopping cart.

22. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

They now seem to be back up. No more free shipping, but shipping is relatively cheap - $1.98 for one item, + 50 cents each additional CD, etc.

23. tiggers

tiggers Formerly tiggres

And it looks like they have a new store front!

24. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

Despite being back, they're history for me - they have left only a few 'white' countries available for international shipping :(

25. KeithH

I don't see a link to log into your account. Did they wipe out account information? Also, I see them pushing PayPal. Is that new?

Not sure I like your classification there, but are the shipping restrictions new?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.