CD-R Recorders?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by musicfan37, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Just quickly looked for the article I read years back, and stumbled into this:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/cdr_media.html

which debunkes most of what I just said above. :) Have a read - sounds like pure silver is no longer used, only oxidation resistent silver alloys. Indeed, it claims that pure gold CDRs may have readability problems in CD players (though I've never ran accross this).

Anyways, I'm sticking with my Kodak's. :)

HZ

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Is this info on their website? I am interested in these blanks.

3. Grant

BTW, because of the issues with some players not reading gold discs, or some burners not recording them well, I am trusting my remaining Kodak pure gold blanks to our new Plextor with special laser and dye calibration circuitry.

4. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

5. Grant

Well, it looks like they still have tons of them in stock! I don't think they are being manufactured, though. These are the same ones they were selling two years ago. The only difference now is that the pure gold blanks are gone, probably forever.

HZ, when your Kodaks run out, I recommend Mitsui. They also make gold blanks, ya know.

6. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

Holy Zoo, Will these work in a stand-alone cd recorder? It only takes discs that are for "music only".

7. Grant

I will answer that. They will only work in standalone recorders meant for pro use, and computer burners. If you have a consumer CD burner, you're out of luck.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL! Unless you have the Philips Consumer Standalone CDR-870..I was able to fool this player into excepting non Audio Computer CDRs. It mattered much when the Audio CDRs were $10.00! and the Computer CDRs were between $1.00 and $2.00. Saved tons of money.:)

9. Grant

That's right! And Phillips corrected that when they realized how much the word had gotten around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.