CD Stomper?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Naramore, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead Thread Starter

CD Stomper Poll

Do you put labels on your CDR compilations?

Ever had any problems with them jamming in players?

2. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

I use a sharpie - no labels. If anyone wants a cd stomper. free to a good home for shipping only.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Yes, and no.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Nope !

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I have been using Neato labels for seven years now, and have not had any problems with them whatsoever. But, I also live in a dry climate. I'm talking an average of 40% humidity! Now that the sky is clear, and the temparatures are in the 70s, it's going to get worse.

6. the 801

the 801 New Member

I've used Avery and TDK labels on 100 discs with no problems so far...

7. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I've used CD Stomper for a while now. I can get 300 for $20 at Sam's club. I found (the hard way) that you have to make sure that you press them on really firmly otherwise they will separate and bubble.

8. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

the best labels are made by a company named Great Gizmos Inc. http://www.greatgizmos.com/

The labels are thick with a metallic under layer and the application appliance is the only one that doesn't require you to touch the bottom of the CD. I've used them for 7 years now and never had an incident (labeling over 10,000 CD's!)

9. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I used to use sticky CD labels ... Years ago (1997, or thereabouts) I wrote a roundup review for EMedia magazine discussing the Neato and Stomper systems, and one other whose name I can't recall (I don't think it exists anymore).

I liked the Stomper device best for applying the labels, but my preference for the labels themselves was for Neato's. However, at some point I largely abandoned the sticky-label method for Sharpies. Ninety-five percent of my Neato-labelled discs have held up perfectly well and given me no problems, but I did have some discs where there was bubbling, peeling, and other issues that resulted in trouble in car players and the like.

10. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member

In cold weather, the Neato labels will peel away from the CD. I've had the CD jam in my car CD player because of separation of label and disc.

11. Larry Naramore

Where and when. :)

12. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I have used Stomper for 4 years. Unless you do a good job of pressing (or stomping) on the device, they may start to peel off the CD. Most of my stomps are holding, but I get a few peeling.
    If you want something neater than a sharpie, but not a stick on label, I suggest you look into this:
    http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=246&Product_Id=3668132

It wil print straight onto a CD. I suggest it be used for putting titles in only, don't try to do graphics with it. It can be expensive refill- wise, but if you want clean neat titles, this is more affordable than inkjet CD printers.

13. dcooper

dcooper New Member

So it's true what they say about Arizona: it's a dry heat?

14. I use CD Stomper as well. I find that the labels are very thin compared to say Avery, which I never had an issue with. I switched to CD Stomper because of the price point. Up here IIRC, it's about $20. for 100 sheets. However the thin labels cause buckling when I leave the discs in my Explorer, if it gets cold or damp.

Wonder if the labels that Jamie uses are available up here for a reasonable price.

15. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I've used Neato for about five years and never had a problem, but my car player has a multi-disc changer. I could see the single slot players possibly being hard on labels.

16. Larry Naramore

Thanks for the replys I'll probably start using them again except for CD for car use.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I always keep my Cee Dee's nude:) No labels, no worry...years down the road of glue problems etc...I'm not comfortable with a sharpie either...If anywhere, I mark the "Inner Ring"...

18. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I think that they are OK to use in the car, I just wouldn't leave them in the car, especially in the player. I have a 6 CD changer, and I usually take out the cartridge when it is not in use.

19. reidc

reidc Senior Member

I haven't used labels in years. Most of what I use is a sharpie. Hoever- my writing is the absolute- without a doubt- worse than any doctor's :D I get tired of looking at it.

IT may not be a label- but has anyone checked out the Epson printer that also prints CD's(on cd's that are printable of course)? I can't remember the model #, but price wasn't all that bad. After all- it was a normal ink-jet printer for normal paper printing, it just had another "drawer" that could handle CD's.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.