CDAA, support thread.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ChefBrunch, Oct 3, 2022.

1. ChefBrunch

ChefBrunch Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm a CD addict and can't control my spending on cd's

So here at Compact Disc Addicts Anonymous

We support each other's struggles in buying too many CD'S.

Fell off the bandwagon again :(
    Just ordered 27 CD'S

The struggle is real.

UnknownEric and sonnyrock like this.
  2. ChefBrunch

To make it worse several of the are box sets so it's actually like 40 CD'S.

Rycherocker634 likes this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

And the problem is?

4. SoNineties

SoNineties Forum Resident

Just tell us which ones...
    Spit it out so we can help! :evil:

5. ChefBrunch

It's kind of a sarcastic joke,for us CD nut jobs.

Rycherocker634 likes this.
  6. ChefBrunch

I have a serious problem, I couldn't control myself, I've ordered all this in the last 2 weeks,will arrive soon. and I've ordered about this much last month also lol.
    I have a feeling I have problem and need help.

[​IMG]
    Pina [Wim Wenders Film]
    _ Jun Miyake

Light Fuse Get Away
    WIDESPREAD PANIC
    [​IMG]
    The Natch'l Blues
    Taj Mahal

[​IMG]
    Songs From the Tin Shed
    -Jeff austin chris castino

Whispered Garden --Jun Miyake
    [​IMG]
    The Studio Albums 1992-2011

[​IMG]
    Village in Bubbles

Alleycat / Direct Hits
    NUCLEUS

For You
    TATSURO YAMASHITA

Straight Round
    Four80East

New Model
    Perturbator

Christmas In The Heart
    Bob Dylan

Mari Nakamoto 3
    Nakamoto, Mari / Suzuki, Isao / Watanabe, Kazumi

Solar Plexus / Belladonna
    CARR,IAN&NUCLEUS

The Classic Albums Collection 6 disc
    COLTRANE,JOHN

Complete Albums Collection: 1957-1961 5 disc
    MONK,THELONIOUS

198xad
    Mega Drive

Deep Breakfast
    LYNCH,RAY

Operation: Doomsday-MF Doom

5 Original Albums [5 CD]
    Herbie Hancock

Labyrinth / Roots
    CARR,IAN & NUCLEUS

Elastic Rock / We'll Talk About It Later
    NUCLEUS

Heavy WeatherWeather Report
    Am The Night Perturbator

DR.Doom First Come, First Served
    The Spice Of Life To- Kazumi Watanabe
    Egyptian Lover 1985
    FUKAMACHI JUN-SOLO VOL.1-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD
    JUN FUKAMACHI-THE SEA OF DIRAC-JAPAN CD Ltd/E
    JUN FUKAMACHI-BEST OF BEATLES-JAPAN CD L
    JUN FUKAMACHI-ON THE MOVE-JAPAN CD
    RYO KAWASAKI-RYO / CONCIERTO DE ARANJUES-JAPAN CD +
    JUN FUKAMACHI-SECOND PHASE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed
    JUN FUKAMACHI-EVENING STAR-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed
    4BT RYO KAWASAKI MIRROR OF MY MIND JAPAN CD
    4BT 2013 DIGITAL REMASTER MASAYOSHI TAKANAKA Takanaka (1977) JAPAN SHM CD
    4BT JUNKO OHASHI MAGICAL JAPAN CD
    Ryo Fukui - Mellow Dream [New CD]
    Ryo Fukui - My Favorite Tune [CD New]
    Ryo Fukui - Ryo Fukui In New York [New CD]
    Ryo Fukui - A Letter From Slowboat [New CD]
    Hiromasa Suzuki - Rock Joint Biwa / Kumikyoku Furukotohumi [New CD] Japan - Impo
    Keep - DG-581 (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)
    Akira Wada With Friends - American Romance (CD, Album, RE, RM) (Warner Music Japan -
    Keep - Rock'n Rocked Rock (CD, Album, RE, Pap) (Clinck Records -
    Keep - Keep Alive (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap) (Altavoz -
    Masayoshi Takanaka - An Insatiable High (CD, Album, RE, RM, SHM) (Universal Music -
    Prism (9) - The Silence Of The Motion (CD, Album) (SMS Records -
    Jun Fukamachi - Calm (Solo Piano For The Theme Of TV Drama) (CD) (Network Records (8) -
    Hiroshi Miyagawa = 宮川 泰* / Jun Fukamachi = 深町 純* - Space Cruiser Yamato - Synthesizer...
    Prism (9) - Surprise (CD, Album, RE, RM) (Warner Music -
    深町純* - Summer ~ 夏(四季 / 夏) (CD, Album) (Network Records Inc. -
    Prism (9) - III (CD, Album, RE, SHM) (Polydor, Universal Music -

7. SoNineties

I know pretty much no one amongst those japanese artists...
    The question is: do you have the time to listen to all of these in one month and be able to go back to some of the collection at the same time?
    If the answer is yes and at the same time these don't cause you any financial trouble, in other words your can afford it, why are you actually worrying?
    If the answer is no, then I agree you have a problem.

8. ChefBrunch

I can afford it, and I can listen to all of it. I spend at least 4 hours a day listening. I'm just building a collection, I really only have maybe 250 discs with these, far less than others....but I will have to slow down.

it was just kind of a funny thread idea. I kill a lot of time just chilling on the internet while listening to music.

9. SoNineties

If you just started then maybe it's just a phase.
    When I switched back to CDs a few years ago, I kept monitoring prices and would sometimes buy 30/40 in a month... mixed used and new at bargain prices.
    Then I realized that I was getting more than I could handle. Some I was buying, listening and shelving. Then I would probably stream at work!
    Now I am buying what I think I can listen and enjoy and thinking about getting rid of some extra stuff. Mainly records cause that's what make more financial sense at the moment.

10. ChefBrunch

yeah thats pretty much it. Just building phase....I will slow down...I did not purchase a few choice ones that I plan on getting in vinyl for a max of 50ish vinyls for the nostalgic sounds of stuff like darkside some zeplin and electonics, just stuff that I want on wax because wax.

but a lot of these japanese ones you can't even find for streaming in quality, some are on YT, but its not the same.

I do enjoy the actual playing of 1 disc at a time...the sound is just better to IMO playing physical media no matter what it is...its right there, you can feel it...has a liveness and immediateness...

I still surf the streamers for new stuff though...I just decided I wanted to really get back into the hobby of active listing with pourpose

11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It is a great time to be addicted to CD buying. The used market is loaded up with good titles and mostly great prices. Some of these bargain CD will appreciate in value, and some will for sure not appreciate in value. I like gambling and buying discs that look too good to be $1.00. I have bins under my bed of overstocked CD titles. A goldmine under my bed in a few more years.

UnknownEric and ChefBrunch like this.
  12. ChefBrunch

Yeah, CD's are pretty cheap, wish there was easier cheaper online shopping for CD's, There is no shops near me, but still its a good deal.
    I'm still debating if I really want to bother with vinyl, these new CD players are amazing and discs so cheap getting in early on the CD collecting.

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Being in Hawaii is a tougher market to score the best deals. And shipping can ruin it unless you get 8 or 10 discs sent together at media rate.

I'm buying sometimes to re-sell later. So I have to be open to all genres like classical, country, and odd off-the-wall things rarely seen in the bins. I buy things that are just not common. If you only like pop or rock, then its harder to find good things. I found a bunch of CDs on a label called Chesky which was reissuing RCA Living Stereo titles in the 80s. Some were still sealed. .50 each, and I sold nearly all of them for $15 to $30 each. Nobody grabbed them because they looked like uninteresting titles. But I knew that there would be interest even if there were more reissues of the same material to come out later.

14. ChefBrunch

yeah I can't have thousands of CD's with the cost of shipping, but 300-500 is good for listening library that I can slowly add to.
    I'm not even on a island where any shopping is available. everything is online.
    would be different if I was on Oahu, Maui or the big island, there is a big market for used Japanese hifi gear in HI. just not on my island.

15. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

It was great back in the day when some labels would sell back catalog CDs to those of us in radio and the press for as little as $5 each, postpaid. I grabbed lots of the Fantasy comprehensive boxed sets, so it wasn’t unusual for me to order a lot in one shipment.

16. ChefBrunch

I'm hoping sony will re-establish the BMG CD club now that sales are rising again...I would love to see sony BMG also do a Vinyl club as they plan to start repressing vinyl again.

17. ChefBrunch

Fell off the bandwagon, just ordered another 100 used cd's.

After listening to the Queen ultimate greatest hits 3 disc the other night, I was just blown away at how my new CD player sounds compared to the one I had back in the 90's when I gave up CD'S decades ago.

It was just unreal, I never imagined queen sounded so amazing, and I've heard all these songs before, I thought I knew them. I had 2 of the 3 disc's years ago, but it's like I never heard them before.....