CDs or Records that cannot be replaced if lost

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff1818, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff1818

jeff1818 Forum Resident Thread Starter

What albums in your collection are irreplaceable? I have CDs from local artists that simply do not exist on eBay, discogs or anywhere else for that matter. Back in the late 90s, I scooped up local artist CDs at Mikes Music & Movies in State College (Penn State). One of my favorites is JR & Sharon, a duo/band that played the bars for years. Luckily I've ripped to FLAC in case of disaster. I also have a compilation called Viva State College with an assortment of local favorites. Nothing on YouTube, eBay or discogs!

What are you faves that simply don't exist anywhere else?

2. brentolie

brentolie El Aventurero

Kosmic Barnyard - from Lockport, NY

I had a buddy who was much older than me and I'd be able to get into bars if I was with him. There was a terrible bar/bowling alley where I saw them play a bunch of times, and the lead singer had a sister that I was gaga over.

I bought the CD when it came out in 97, and I just recently added it to Discogs as I was cataloging my collection. I really don't think I'll ever see another copy.

3. jeff1818

jeff1818 Forum Resident Thread Starter

4. brentolie

brentolie El Aventurero

Charles Adams and ARK like this.
  5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I fear a lot of jazz box sets wouldn't be impossible to replace, but well nigh unaffordable if you didn't get in early on GameStop. Think of OOP sets from the old Fantasy label, Mosaic, etc.

Secondhand prices have come down a bit on the priciest jazz sets amidst our recession and because -- gulp -- I think we're starting to see such purchases hit the estate market.

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

My CD of Rodney DeCroo and the Killers.

Not listed. Not even on Rodney’s Site! It’s a fave.

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

8. Breck

Breck Well-Known Member

Everclear "World of Noise" on cassette. Have this still -- back in the day (before Sparkle and Fade came out).

9. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

Luba - Secrets and Sins (CD) ... only seen 2 copies in 35 years.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  10. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

The Led Zeppelin Classic Records Road Case. While they do exist, it was expensive when I bought it at release, the price now is 10x that now. My car was only few thousand more that what it would take to replace that set. Not happening. I'll state the Discogs make almost any record available, at a high price maybe. But I've managed to track down every record I've ever looked for.

11. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

One of my favourite CDs is a budget-label release called Girls Night Out. It features a bunch of 70s and 80s synth-disco songs, remixed to feature extraneous whoo-whoo! sounds. It really has no reason to exist, but I love it in all of its absurdity, and I've never seen any references to it online (and I've actively looked). I'd be heartbroken if something happened to it.

ARK and c-eling like this.
  12. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Couple Kevin Gray mastering's-
    *Erasure-The Circus
    *The Dream Academy-S/T
    *Syntax-Meccano Mind (Instrumentals) if by going with dicogs, only two other people have one.
    Intended for tv/movie use-
    *Fatal-Periodic Breathing.
    Jan think's I may have the only one in existence.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.