Charity auction: The Who Live at Leeds, signed by all 4 members of the band

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by InsideTheMuseums, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsideTheMuseums

InsideTheMuseums Heard it Thread Starter

Good afternoon,

A friend of mine is doing an online auction for Pancreatic Cancer Action Scotland. And there are some interesting collectible music items. I've thought some of you could be interesting, especially in Lot #74 which is, I guess, the most attractive one: An original Track Records copy of Live at Leeds by The Who, signed by all 4 original members of the band.

Unfortunately it's far out of my league, but maybe some of you are interested. If you are, good luck and happy bidding. And remember it's for a good cause!

Here's a link to the Home page of the auction. And here's a link to the album by The Who.

The online auction will open at 9.00 am on 1 November and will close at 10.00 pm on World Pancreatic Cancer Day, Thursday 19 November 2020.

The main item in this valuable lot is an original album “The Who Live at Leeds”, Track Records, 1970, signed on the front cover in black ballpoint pen by Pete Townshend, John Entwistle and Keith Moon and in blue ballpoint pen by Roger Daltry. Inside the gatefold sleeve is the LP record and a selection of news cuttings relating to the band. The signatures were obtained backstage before The Who’s performance at Liverpool University on Friday, 14 May, 1971.

This item was sold at Christie’s, South Kensington, on 5 May, 2005. Sale 5676/Lot 182. It fetched vastly in excess of the auctioneer’s estimate in competitive bidding.

We have also included a Deluxe anniversary edition of the concert in both CD & 180g LP record formats. Both new.

A rare opportunity to acquire a piece of rock music history. A reserve applies. WHO could ask for anything more desirable from this genre & this era? WE CAN’T EXPLAIN!
    Pancreatic Cancer Action Scotland’s main aim is to improve survival rates of pancreatic cancer by ensuring more people are diagnosed early and that everyone has access to effective treatments, support, information and care. More details can be found here.

2. InsideTheMuseums

InsideTheMuseums Heard it Thread Starter

Just a couple of days to go, guys! In case anyone is interested and had missed my previous post. That signed copy of Live at Leeds is certainly not something you can see every day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.