Charles Bronson dies at 81

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dave D, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done! Thread Starter

2. Matt

Matt New Member

Just the other day, I was watching a funny little tribute to Bronson on the Simpsons. Despite the show's decline, it does manage some great bits every now and then, and this was one of them.

They make a stop at Bronsonville where everyone is basically a Charles Bronson knockoff, including the women and children:

Kid (Azaria doing a Bronson voice): Hey Mom, I want some cookies.

Mom (one of the female talents doing a Bronson voice): No dice.

Kid: This ain't over...

R.I.P.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

RIP...I always enjoyed every movie Charles was in...He will be remembered:)

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

He was in some pretty terrible movies, but he was always good to watch. Give 'em heaps, Charlie.

Regards,
    Geoff

5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Sad news...

6. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I just got through watching one of his earlier movies, "House of Wax", with Vincent Price.

Sad news.

7. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Although it's true Bronson worked his share of junk--some of it with his late wife, Jill Ireland--like DIRTY HARRY, DEATH WISH was just good enough to find its audience: the kind of person who feels helpless, and that criminals get a better deal than their victims(which is true enough!) Both films should be required viewing for anyone feeling kindly toward criminals of any stripe....

Beyond that, there's THE GREAT ESCAPE--a small but important role there--and THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN which, while hardly of the caliber of its source, THE SEVEN SAMURAI, is still fun to watch, though it isn't anywhere near the greatest westerns ever made. One that IS--Leone's ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST--is very possibly Bronson's best, too.

I liked the guy; had a cool veneer as an actor and person. R.I.P.

ED:cool:

8. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Yeah...he will be missed. I also think Once Upon a Time in The West was his best and one of the all-time great westerns.

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright New Member

He was a legend. It's tragic -- the end of an era!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.