!!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Heart of Hearts - WOW

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wolf66, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf66

wolf66 New Member Thread Starter

Now that's what I call a catchy as hell tune in 2007 !!

You can keep your Amy Winehouse plastic soul (no offense :D)

What a cool song - anybody know this group ?

2. intlplby

intlplby New Member

yeah, i picked up two vinyls of their's like 2.5 years ago.... good stuff....

I'll have to keep an eye out for this. My favorite is their song "Feel good hit of the fall"

i first heard them on the Ladytron compilation album "Softcore Jukebox"

I highly recommend that compilation if you have not yet heard it....

http://www.amazon.com/Softcore-Jukebox-Ladytron/dp/B0000CA31S

1. Soon (My Bloody Valentine)
    2. Hit The North Part 1 (The Fall)
    3. What's A Girl To Do (Cristina)
    4. Peng (Dondolo)
    5. The 15th (Wire)
    6. Blue Jeans 2.0 (Ladytron)
    7. Savior Piece (Snap Ant)
    8. Big (New Fast Automatic Daffodils)
    9. Feel Good Hit Of The Fall (!!!)
    10. Teenage Daughter (Fat Truckers)
    11. Hey Mami - Sharaz Mix (Fanny Pack)
    12. Manila - Headman Remix (Seelenluft)
    13. You Got The Love (The Source/Candi Staton)
    14. Crazy Girls (Codex And Flexor)
    15. Oops Oh My (Ladytron)
    16. Send Me A Postcard (Shocking Blue)
    17. Twins (Pop Levi)
    18. Some Velvet Morning (Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood)

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

This thread started me going CRAZY. :help::help::crazy::crazy::nyah::nyah: :wtf:

I have their album "Louden Up Now", and the new one "Myth Talks"... but I can't find my copy of their first album. I believe I bought it, I remember listening to it, but I just can't find it!!!!!!!!

Believe me when I say this - I have never lost a CD yet - and I have thousands. Maybe I never purchased their first album, yet I believe I did. I know that if I did buy it I didn't listen to it more than once.

When I read this thread I went to find it so I could listen again - and poof- no where to be found. Has me going crazy - since Thursday. I am more than tempted just to purchase it again!!!!! (That is if I actually ever purchased it to begin with?????)

Getting old sucks - can't remember things anymore. :cry::D

4. brstp

brstp Active Member

Myth Takes is pretty awesome -- "Bend Over Beethoven" is the standout for me.

5. Chavo Davis

Chavo Davis New Member

Can't go wrong with "Me and Giuliani Down by the School Yard."

6. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

saw this post earlier today, and it prompted radio play on that track tonite. you're right, this thing cooks!

7. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

"Take Ecstacy w/ Me" & "Get Up" are my two !!! faves (despite the unfortunate title of the former). Ecstasy is a cover of a Magnetic Fields song.

Still available as a single (or an iTunes download for $1.98 - which can only be found if you type "Chk" in the search field, not "!!!" :mad:
    Obviously the band were not trying to make their downloaded music easy to find when they titled their band - there's a new DRM for you!:p

If your into !!!, check out Out Hud - half of them are !!! members - a very similar sound. Saw them live a couple of years ago. They had some technical problems, but there were some moments of pure joy.:righton:

8. Onward

Onward Forum Resident

9. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

One of, if not the, best yet.

Just got "Myth Takes" - I noticed there is a 1cd version and a 2cd version. Both are only $11.98 list price. If you're really into this band be sure to look for the package with the yellow, not red, sticker, denoting the 2nd bonus cd.

Overall the sound quality is ok. I love some of the bass and drum sounds that sound very physical - although I'm sure much of this is electronic. I don't like the rap-sounding vocals on some tracks. But that's because I just don't like rap.

The first few tracks leave me cold, but by track 4 this cd really takes off and is very strong throughout. The artwork is a big improvement over all previous !!! and Outhud releases.

If I were a music executive, I'd give the band a holiday in Fiji. Superb.:righton:

10. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

So far, this is my favorite album released this year. Terrific music to play going into summertime! Very Talking Heads-y, in my opinion.

11. robertash

robertash Forum Resident

Yes, this band does indeed rock. Their live performances include all members of the group, and it's all played live. (the electro feel can throw you off)

The vinyl copies sound fantastic on my system, Myth Takes is one of my best sounding.

Robert Mills

12. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I can't find my copy of Belle and Sebastian Tigermilk, which I knew I bought. Even worse, I checked, and it's been indexed, so I'm not going crazy

13. namahealani

namahealani Forum Resident

A few times when I couldn't find a cd it was because the picture I had in my head of the spine was not really what the spine looked like.
    Other times the cat had knocked one or two behind the stereo.

14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I actually purchased the first CHK CHK CHK album, and then realized that I "THOUGHT" I purchased it, which I surely intended to do, but I really hadn't. So I didn't have it, but now I do (since I subsequently purchased it). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.