Chord Mojo for Headphones & Hifi

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by crossroads69, Dec 4, 2019 at 2:37 PM.

1. crossroads69

crossroads69 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I am thinking about a DAC upgrade. My current hi-fi set up has the Micromega MyDAC that I purchased in 2012. It’s been my first and only DAC and so I have no comparison points. More recently, it’s been giving me bit of trouble with the right channel output.

This week I picked up the Sennheiser HD6XX headphones during BF sale at MassDrop. Now all the online reviews say that I need a good headphone amp to get best of the HD6XX & currently I have none.

That’s where the Chord Mojo came to mind. I always read glowing reviews and it’s been at top of my next DAC list. With the Mojo, I am thinking I could use it for headphones (source being my iPhone or Sony Walkman) as well as the Hi-fi (source being my HP PC). The price has currently dropped 25% and so I am getting tempted to pull the trigger!

What do you guys think?

2. patient_ot

patient_ot Forum Resident

I was sort of interested in one until I figured out that the battery replacement costs over $200 and you have to send it back to Chord. After dealing with non-user replaceable batteries in other devices years back, not something I'm going to mess with. Besides, actual performance of this thing lags behind what else is on the market.

3. dennem

dennem Forum Resident

You might be interested in this video:

Note: I don’t have any personal opinion about the Mojo as I never heard it myself.

patient_ot likes this.
  4. Joker to the thief

Joker to the thief Forum Resident

Best bang for buck piece of equipment I've ever bought - sounds phenomenal and reams of power too.

5. Donivey

Donivey Well-Known Member

I agree with @joker, best audio component I’ve ever owned, and the current price makes it a steal.

Joker to the thief likes this.