Chris Bellman - Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by canonlon, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Actually, at 1/3 the cost of the AP, the CB Classic 33 version is criminally under-priced on the market and it is without reservation, a killer mastering and pressing..all on one platter. If you love this album, grab one if and while you can.

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Yup, WG churns out garbage.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball Deluxe 3 LP Edition.

4. Myke

5. Myke

6. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

Listening to Foo Fighters The Colour and the Shape - sounds wonderful

canonlon likes this.
  7. Paranoid Android

Oh yeah, Wilco’s new one Ode to Joy has CB in the dead wax too - sounds great, but Wilco is on a downward trajectory

8. Myke

9. Myke

Through a Pop Market listing mix up, I did not receive this, but rather only Roses In The Snow, also listed wrong in the Lacquer Cutting credit on Discogs.
    Imagine my joy when finding "cB" in the deadwax. Discogs submission corrected.

Dennis Metz and canonlon like this.
  10. Myke

Billion Dollar Babies - 2010 Rhino cut.

11. The Specials (1980 US cut)

Dave Decadent likes this.
  12. Guy Gadois

Guy Gadois New Member

This week I ordered London Calling from Acoustic Sounds and verified the exterior per your post prior to ordering with the folks there but I don't think they sent me the Chris Bellman London Calling. In the deadwax it says 88725446991-C WG . There is also another script which looks like a circled "U". Can anyone help me verify that this is or is not a Chris Bellman cut vinyl?

Cheers,

GG

13. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

WG is supposedly Wes Garland...

14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Unfortunately it’s a double loser. As the poster above stated the LP was cut by Wes Garland. It was also pressed at United.

I tried to find a new copy locally twice and unfortunately bought the WG/United pressing before giving up.

15. Guy Gadois

Guy Gadois New Member

Ugh, so is it just impossible which version of the London Calling album you are going to get? In other words, there are no unique markings on the Bellman album that would give us a clue?

16. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

What do you mean they verified the exterior per my post?

17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

You’re probably better off using Discogs to find the Bellman pressing.

ultron9 likes this.
  18. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Bill Why Man and Tommyboy like this.
  19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

DaK likes this.
  20. Paranoid Android

Beck ‎– Hyperspace -red vinyl press by pallas

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  21. Guy Gadois

Guy Gadois New Member

I emailed the company and sent them the Discogs link The Clash - London Calling and asked if the ones they are selling are the Chris Bellman version and to please verify it is. They won’t back and said, “That is correct. I verified on your order that you did request that one be shipped to you.”

the problem is that the Discogs link shows the album with the barcode 887254469919. That bar code could be Chris Bellman or WG, it isn’t specific to a Bellman release. So, I am not so sure you can confidently buy the vinyl from that Discogs link and get the Chris Bellman release unless I am missing something (which I hope I am). Any suggestions is very much appreciated.
    BTW, the store has offered to take the album back which is very nice of them

22. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Still a bit confusing. It sounds like you emailed Acoustic Sounds and sent them the link of where I got mine, and they said that it was the same as there’s....because both copies have the same bar code. That would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Here is the back text and bar code on my copy.

[​IMG]

23. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

There are two releases with the barcode "887254469919" from 2013. According to discogs one is from the EU and one from the US. The US version is cut by Bellman. The EU version is the Music on Vinyl reissue, which according to the runout information is not cut by CB but also not by WG.

24. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

The correct EU barcode is 8718469533541. Its the same remaster by the Clash and Tim Young and cut by timtom (Tim Young).

25. Guy Gadois

Guy Gadois New Member

Here are the images from the album I bought. definitely barcode 887254469919, WG and UP. Me thinks it will be impossible to verify a Bellman without checking the runout information. UGH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DaK likes this.