Chris Robinson Brotherhood Betty's Blends Vol. 3 (Self-Rising Southern Blends)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LUNACHUCK, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Anyone get the RR's box?

I'll do a Hi-Rez transfer if someone wants to send me one ;)

2. Further

Further Forum Resident

Yup. Picked it up this morning. Very nice and very pricey! Listening to it now, actually. It's a good show. Unfortunately, the 12x12 poster book that was supposed to be in it got cancelled, I guess. There's a few other things in there, though. Anyway, good performance and good sound. I gotta have all these live things they put out. I still don't have all their studio albums but I have every live vinyl release since day one, including the original 10" of Vibration & Light Suite.

telepicker97 likes this.
  3. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I have that 10", too!

This RR is the only CRB release I don't own - I also didn't get the Dead RSD release, which I REALLY wanted as it is from 1969...and it's the first one of those I didn't get...

In fact, I only got The Doors and the Mono Piper, as far as RSD stuff.

Further likes this.
  4. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Looks like I'll have to sit out the Raven's Reels box - it's a US RSD release, and cheapest on eBay with postage is £125. Shame, but that's too much for one live show for me.

5. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

As a rather new fan of the band that's really enjoyed all five studio albums and the EP which I ordered but have not yet received, I have to say I have been disappointed with the Betty's Blends I've heard so far. I have the MP3 of vol.2 and nothing blew me away or even warranted a second listen. I recently picked up the vol.3 vinyl and while the artwork and presentation is incredible the content does not measure up to the studio material. The keyboards in particular are cringe inducing on more that a few tracks. I mean really bad "nails on a chalkboard" type sound. I will keep listening but I am not impressed with the content and may eventually resell this one. To my ears, the studio content is far better. It's just unfortunate to me that they allow the keyboards to overpower many of the songs.

6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Ok, so most of the way through the first bonus CD and this material is fantastic. Makes me wish these songs were on the vinyl and the others were the bonus CDs. Great to have either way though!

7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Ok, disregard everything I wrote as I obviously did not listen to this one enough. My bad! It kicks significant ass, records 1 and 3 being my favorites. Some awesome harmonica and guitar throughout. The only song I don’t care for that much is Oak Apple Day but the rest smokes! I haven’t even had a chance to listen to the entire CD set yet either.

laf848, Bonddm and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’d also give Vol. 2 another listen. I was initially a bit underwhelmed by the track selection, but I now love it.

Clanceman and Jam757 like this.
  9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I wish I could get vol. 1 and 2 on vinyl!

Bonddm likes this.
  10. Further

Further Forum Resident

laf848, Clanceman, Bonddm and 3 others like this.
  11. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Clanceman, Further and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.