Chris Robinson's new Black Crowes project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cable hogue, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

LOL! I too had this thought: "Don't make me regret this tattoo, Steve!"

2. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident Thread Starter

Same!! As long as there aren't accusations of abuse toward women or children, I'm good. I know greed, ego, pettiness and brother-on-brother violence will be included.

If it's bad, I'll just have to start telling people my Three Snakes tattoo is indeed a 45 insert.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

A friend of mine who's in a fairly popular band has had fans show him tattoos they have of his band, and he'd wince, saying "hope you like our next album", meaning from here on in, there's nothing they can do but disappoint such fans.

Desolation Row, painted8 and Graham like this.
  4. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

I have the same tattoo! The Three Snakes insert. Yeah, for all their faults I've never imagined Chris and Rich as the type to commit abuse against anyone but each other.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I very nearly got that three snakes tattoo

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Totally regretting my Bill Dobrow tat with a Crowes bass drum head on his kit ... :shake:

7. Change it to Hookah Brown and you’re all set.

8. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

No Joan, Jackie or Tom Bukovac? Haven’t listened to Amber wood house yet. Of course Ed Jurdi is from Band of Heathens right? Why use same name except guess Steve started the band. I’ll give a fair shake but will be hard to top the first album.

painted8 likes this.
  9. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Listened to Amber Woodhouse. Nice voice will bring a whole lotta soul to Trigger Hippy. Can she rock? We'll see. Here is my fav of the clips I've seen so far that tells me it could be pretty good!

southamorican likes this.
  10. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Is this a trigger happy thread ?

11. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Just following some posts earlier about Steve Gorman. Sorry for the thread crap. Didn't mean to hijack it...

Robamorican and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Robamorican

Robamorican Forum Resident

It's good info I wouldn't have known otherwise. thanks!!!!

sacsongs likes this.
  13. Graham

Graham Senior Member

You’re right but it hasn’t been an As The Crow Flies thread for maybe a dozen pages.

14. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

At least ATCF has CR in it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. ... For now.

Erik B. and Desolation Row like this.
  16. Further

Further Forum Resident

Haven't you heard Hazy Malaze?

Or, do you mean hearing him front a new band with a more jammy, psychedelic direction?

17. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

The Magic Door vinyl currently is the same price as the CD on Amazon -- $11.98. I had to pick it up.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Robamorican

Robamorican Forum Resident

Has anybody made a "The Magic Snore" joke yet?

I haven't heard the album, but seems like an easy punchline.

19. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Meh

20. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  21. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

I'll say up front that to me, CRB is a very good live band, and I've seen them at least a dozen times; often involving road trips.
    But as I've grown more and more disenchanted with him over the years, just like everyone else here, it almost pains me to admit that CR still has it.
    But case in point, a couple of years back I made a west coast trip to see the Long Ryders, who hadn't toured the U.S. since their heyday. The first show was at the Chapel in San Francisco. Toward the end of the set, Sid Griffin says they've got a special guest, and out comes CR to do a cover of Sir Douglas Quintet's "Dynamite Woman." Chris was using a lyric cheat sheet, and there I am cheering and really digging it. So there you go.
    https://www.jambase.com/article/long-ryders-welcome-chris-robinson-chapel-san-francisco

22. highway chile

Good point. This was my favorite line. "Chris was a jerk when I met him but that could have been an anomaly."

23. highway chile

In 2011 I took a road trip to Carbondale, IL to see Jason and the Scorchers play inside a small shelter house in the town square. Jason went to college there and he was up and on fire for the show. But the applicable point is that their drummer that night was Steve Gorman. I talked to him afterwards and commented that the Black Crowes and JATS were 2 of my favorite bands, but that I never anticipated seeing any combination thereof in a live setting.
    When I made mention of CR, Steve just shook his head and said, "that's one miserable human being." He certainly balanced that by speaking positively about Chris' talent as a vocalist and front man. I was rather shocked that Steve spoke that candidly to total strangers, but then again, that's Steve. And neither of his views on Chris are minority opinions.

Not great quality here, but that was one helluva rock 'n' roll show.

Hep Alien, Corvus, cublowell and 4 others like this.
  24. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Time to stir this thread back up, on the Magpie Facebook page this past Monday:

The Magpie Salute
    June 15 ·
    We’re Really Excited To Announce Our New Album ~ HIGH WATER II ~
    Set For Worldwide Release On October 11, 2019!!

Our first single “In Here” will be available in early August 2019! Plus, a limited edition EP will be released on September 6, 2019!

Stay tuned for more details, pre-order links, and new merch!

Hep Alien, painted8 and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Dreaddazzman and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.