Christmas CDs 50% Off at Towerrecords.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chip-hp, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat Thread Starter

Christmas CDs are 50% off at Towerrecords.com ... free shipping w/ an order of $20 or more ...

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Thanks for the tip. I just snagged the Vince Guaraldi Trio A Charlie Brown Christmas hybrid SACD for $10.99.

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up!

4. chip-hp

Thanks for your tip ... I just bought one at the Dallas store (they opened at 9 am this morning) ... it rang up $10.99 ... I pointed out that the "white sticker list price" was $19.99 ... so the clerk changed it to $10 :) ... IIRC there are some sound issues that go back to the condition of the master tapes ... but I guess this will probably sound as good as it's going to sound ...

5. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

We are just listening to this SACD now while opening presents. I think this one sounds very very good - better than all prior digital version IMHO. Great deal for $10.

6. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

It's a great album; I do have a very nice early vinyl pressing, but I've always wanted this disc for the SACD collection. And at $11 I saw no reason to resist.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have enough Christmas disc's...probably too many! Thanks for the tip.:)

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Enough Christmas discs? It's never enough! Do you have Brinsley Schwarz doing "Run Run Rudolph"? Erasure doing "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen"? The Butthole Surfers doing "Good King Wencenslaus"? One can never have too many Christmas recordings!! :winkgrin:

9. taxman150

taxman150 Forum Resident

Thanks very much for the tip! I am in the process of getting an order together.

I need a Carpenters Christmas cd. Do I get the 1cd Christmas Portrait or the 2cd Christmas Collection? I took a quick look at the archives here and found that both are remixed, but are there any major differences in sound quality between the two that would make me pick one over the other? I also saw some comments about some of the backing tracks on Christmas Collection being re-recorded.

Thanks in advance!

10. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Great, I just snagged three discs I've either kept putting off getting, or couldn't find. Thanks for the tip.

11. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

Thanks Chip! I just oredered a small boatload of DVDs for half-off without leaving the computer!

12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

So far I"m on page 80 of the Christmas CDs. This is gonna take awhile. :eek:

13. chip-hp

Are you looking at the rate of 10, 25 or 50 per page? ... I think that you have until Monday (12/28) ... I stopped looking after 600 or so CDs ... in spite of what Jimbo says ... I really don't need anymore Christmas CDs ... but I had to go to the store to pick up a copy of Gene Autry's The Complete Columbia Christmas Recordings which the website shows as Special Order ... even though it was released this Fall ...

14. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I went through the entire 3500+ list today, 50 at a time, and only found 3 Christmas CDs to add to my collection, including the new Band-Aid 20 import. Buy at least $20 worth, and shipping is also free.

15. Michael

...go for the 2 disc!...more Karen!

16. Michael

...for me 250 is enough!.:D

17. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I was going at the rate of 10, then I changed it to 50 and the browsing went a lot faster.

I ordered the Gene Autry Complete Columbia Christmas CD too! Also got the Brooks & Dunn, Michael Franks, Emmylou Harris (remaster), Kenny Burrell and 2 others.

18. taxman150

taxman150 Forum Resident

Will do! Thank you Michael!

19. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Christmas must last a month or so around your place!

20. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

Geez, It sure is tempting but I just spent loads on Christmas gifts. I promised myself and wife I would take it easy at least for the next week or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.