Christmas Movies 2013 Editon!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Christmas Movies 2013 Edition! It's that time of year for a Christmas Movie thread! getting started on the Holiday movie shopping so I will be able to watch them during the month of December!
    I've been buying Christmas Movies and I'd love for you to share your favorites! We all may be able to enjoy them as well...

I did find that some of the OOP movies are quite expensive over at Amazon!!
    Eve's Christmas
    Ebenezer

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  2. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

Man, I have been guilty of watching the hallmark channel so far have seen a Christmas movie I liked Pete's Christmas had a Groundhog's Day premise but I really enjoyed it. Bruce Dern is in it.

3. Michael

I've been eying a bunch of Hallmark Christmas DVDs...thanks I will look into that movie...really like Bruce Dern!

4. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

Yes it is a pretty good movie! Love his performance in it! Another one I saw the other day is The Christmas Ornament it had Kellie Martin in it from the tv show Life Goes On and I believe she was on ER. It was really good! I use to have the biggest crush on her back in my younger days!

5. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Not only is It's A Wonderful Life my favorite Christmas movie, it is in my top-five movies of all time.

The story and acting are incredible. The message is as powerful today as it was then. As a kid, I fell in love with Mary Hatch. The love story in this movie is one of the greatest ever filmed. It contains some of the most powerful scenes in cinema (i.e. Mr. Gower beating George), and the twist into Pottersville never fails to be affective.

I only watch it in black and white.

My fun bit of trivia: When they throw rocks at "the old Granville house", Capra was going to hire a double for Donna Reed. It turns out she was a fine baseball player, and threw the rock herself.

ben_wood and guppy270 like this.
  6. The Nutracker: The Motion Picture

[​IMG]

From 1986, this one goes into regular rotation during the Christmas Season. Love it!

7. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

the best one ever:

[​IMG]

8. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

My wife's two Christmas favorites are "Santa's Slay" with Bill Goldberg and "Badder Santa" with Billy Bob Thornton. :evil:

heatherly likes this.
  9. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member

Die Hard definitely but also Scrooged (1987) and A Christmas Story (1983)

10. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

The Bishop's Wife is a favorite.

dewey02, ben_wood and quadjoe like this.
  11. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

We have already started the annual tradition of watching one of my favorite movies over and over, if not my all-time favorite: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

midniteinsanjuan and rburly like this.
  12. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Robert M., rburly and Karnak like this.
  13. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

"Lethal Weapon" maybe? "The Apartment" definitely and "Holiday Inn". That's about it.

14. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

White Christmas, A Christmas Story, and The Santa Clause are favorites in our house.

rburly likes this.
  15. Michael

I do not think the movie you mentioned above Pete's Christmas is out on DVD yet?

16. Michael

a staple every season!

Allen Michael and Benno123 like this.
  17. Michael

I love that movie! yes!

18. Michael

both are excellent. My wife also loves Badder Santa...the DC sucks they removed some of the best parts!

xdawg and mmars982 like this.
  19. Michael

I enjoy both, but I've been watching the colorized version for the past few years...

20. Michael

just released...a good bargain! chr hall.jpg

21. Michael

strike that! it's available on a Mill Creek DVD along with 3 other movies...

22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

A Christmas Story. I will watch it a few times on blu-ray during Nov/Dec and then again a few more times on Xmas Eve/Xmas Day during the marathon on TV.

Others that I always watch are Disney's One Magic Christmas and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Of course I watch the classic TV shows of How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (man, Santa sure is a prick) and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Every Christmas Eve since it first aired on TV and we made a VHS copy the family watches A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. Luckily I have been able to retire the VHS with the purchase of the DVD and now the blu-ray.

23. Michael

I'll Be Home For Christmas is another good one! Jack Palance...I do love Jack!

24. Michael

every year my wife and I do "all" the A Christmas Carol/Scrooge versions...We own all that is available on DVD...I was thrilled to get An American Christmas Carol after all the years of watching a crappy quality version.

25. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

CHICK FLICK WARNING:

Love Actually has its moments.

Allen Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.