"Clarice" on CBS

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Klavier, Feb 14, 2021.

1. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

Yes, but they didn't really need her, they had a surrogate in Miriam Lass. Clarice needs Hannibal more than Hannibal needs Clarice.

FVDnz and Brenald79 like this.
  2. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Forum Resident

Thank God for the books. This show lasted 20 minutes. The "West Virginia" accent was enough for me. Milking Thomas Harris's classic for this waste of time, is typical lazy Hollywood. Regarding John Douglas, I don't think the average person could handle 2 minutes of the stuff he's been exposed to. Edmund Kemper's confession is unbelievably graphic, not for the faint of heart. This show was a fail from the start. I had hope, but it didn't last.

jlocke08 likes this.
  3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I’ve been binging on Clarice today via the Paramount+ streaming service and I have to say the last 2 episodes called “You Can’t Rule Me” and “Are You Alright” finally showed some promise. Good combined storyline and the cast seems to be working well together. Episode 5 next week continues this interesting story arc.

Tim Lookingbill likes this.
  4. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

I didn't have any hopes for the show at first, but after seeing 2 or 3, it seems interesting and worthy of following for awhile.

JohnG likes this.
  5. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

They mined the heck out of these books. Maybe they can do a Batman where Hannibal is the joker??

My mother is watching it - so they got someone over 70 to show ads too - that's the real point of these shows I guess???

JohnG and maui jim like this.
  6. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

I'm getting the same vibe that the story line arc is getting intriguing in a "how deep does this go" type mystery.

It kinda' loses credibility with the FBI desk duty agent taking over and wanting to take down VICAP based merely on what appears to be personality differences with Krendler that no FBI agent would have any real motivation to do considering how serious the murders.

But that log entry change of when the fake policeman showing up in the CC security camera video confused me on who was to blame and why someone would alter the log entries.

JohnG likes this.
  7. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

This `interdepartmental squabbling' I just find so tedious. Please get out there
    and nail us some serial-killers, would ya?!

Tim Lookingbill and JohnG like this.
  8. JohnG

:D

9. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

In the sanatorium where vegetables are tended. Couldn't even see what was going on. That's it for me.

10. JohnG

‘yeah last nights episode was a waste of time, same old same old. One of the big problems of this genre, it’s been done to death and you can predict the plot every time.

11. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

If I see one more moth coming out of someone's mouth...

12. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Thanks for the confirmation. The 2 hour nap I couldn't avoid after waking up one hour after last night's episode ended truly wasn't a waste of time.

13. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Leonard Cohen - You want it darker?

No thanks.

14. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Just watched it on Netflix.
    Here's the thing. One big elephant in the room. This is months after her last encounter with Hannibal.
    How is she more traumatized by Buffalo Bill than Hannibal? WTF.
    Hannibal is at large, the most wanted man in the US, and he had a weird but close empathy with her, yet all her hallucinations are about Buffalo Bill on the sewing machine which is a scene she never saw in the first place.
    Surely she would be perfect to be on the case of tracking Hannibal down as she knows him more than anyone.
    There was one mention in episode 2 but he was referred to as "the cannibal".
    I can see why it is not likely to be recommissioned by Paramount+. No Hannibal, no funding.
    Good watch though.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022