Clearaudio Aurum Beta S

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by -Ben, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone heard the Clearaudio Aurum Beta S?

I am using now the Benz H20, but retipping costs $400 and takes up to 3 months. I am going to need a replacement.

I have a grado reference but I hate it.
    Humm, everything humorem says, plus can't properly be adjusted with the SME 309.

BC

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi BC,

I have the Clearaudio Aurum Beta S w/ a Rega P25 and really like the combo. My recall is the S cost about $400-450 and is a Stereophile recommended component. Think they gave it a strong review about a yr ago.

The Music Never Stops,
    Jeffrey

3. Clive Camm

Clive Camm New Member

I have Rega P25 with an Rega Elys cart and have been thinking of moving to the Clearaudio Aurum Beta S as my next cart. It would feed my Acoustech PH-1 phone pre-amp.

How does the cart sound on the Rega P25? What were you using before? And any challenges with the lack of VTA on the Rega RB600 arm? Did you need spacers or is the Aurum a perfect fit?

Thanks for any info or insight you can provide.

Clive

4. Jeffrey

Hi Clive,

This is an area of disagreement but I don't use any spacers. My dealer has installed this combo many times and recommends no spacers. For the $, it's hard to beat the Beta S (@$450) which matches up well w/ the P25.

Jeffrey

5. Clive Camm

Clive Camm New Member

Thanks Jeffrey,

Did you use another cart on your P25 earlier, or is the Clearaudio your first? I'm looking for some sense of how good the Clearaudio cartridge is?

Thanks again,

Clive

6. Jeffrey

Hi Clive,

I trusted other's opinions and the Clearaudio is the 1st & only cartridge I've used w/ the P25. If you wanna talk w/ dealers who have a lot of pairing experience w/ P25's, try Gene Rubin Audio or Music Direct. Sorry I can't tell ya more.

Jeffrey

7. Clive Camm

Clive Camm New Member

Thanks. I'll do that.

Meanwhile, enjoy your table.

Clive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.