Cleveland, OH - Record Store Recommendations

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by V I Aboytes, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

It hasn't changed.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

sad, it used to be so damn good in there.

3. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

My sister just got a heart transplant at Cleveland Clinic so I'll probably be spending time out there soon. Any RS's near Cl.Cl. on Euclid? My route to Cleveland will be 80 west out of PA to OH 11 north and cross over thru Warren to 422 and thru Cl. eastside ...is that Shaker Heights? Thanks for any info.

4. russe41

russe41 Forum Resident

Fender Relic likes this.
  5. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Blue Arrow on Waterloo. Probably 10 minute drive from the Clinic. A large selection of vinyl, reasonably priced in good shape. I worked near there for a few months this year and must have bought about 50 albums.

These days they are open only Friday-Sunday, see website.

Blue Arrow Records

Fender Relic likes this.
  6. Scott Olds

Scott Olds Active Member

Definitely sad. In the 80's Record Rev and The Exchange were the reason to go to Coventry. They sold off half of the Record Rev space years ago, and now it is a tiny head shop. Back it the day, it was twice the size and had a basement dedicated to used vinyl.
    I remember both shops (and Wax Trax on nearby Lee Rd., and Chris's Warped Records in Lakewood) also had impressive import sections to get the latest stuff from Factory, Rough Trade, Stiff, 4 A.D., etc.
    Really miss those days!!

Alan G and Fender Relic like this.
  7. Fender Relic

My oldest son worked at that Exchange in the late 90's. He lived around the corner at the top of the block near the movie theatre so he rolled out of bed and had a 3 minute walk to work.

Scott Olds likes this.
  8. Scott Olds

Scott Olds Active Member

Nice! :)
    I forgot to mention the theater that played Rocky Horror every weekend! (And of course- Irv's Deli, Mac's Backs, and Tommy's!).
    Back in the day (as a teenager in the 80's) you would just spend the whole weekend at Coventry!
    Of course, you can relive a bunch of that in Harvey Pekar's AMERICAN SPLENDOR.:righton:

Fender Relic likes this.
  9. Fender Relic

I wonder if that great Chinese place is still open between the theatre and The Exchange? I loved eating there.