Cloud Storage UK - looking for best 2TB deal?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by JimmieP, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have about 2TB of files (95% music files) on my NAS and on a back up USB Hard Drive. Both are getting on a bit in years, so am looking to back it all up on a cloud service. can any UK users recommend a good cheap service they use? I'm not worried about having instant access to it or anything, it's just a back-up in case the NAS/Hard Drive fail.
    I say UK users, I'm not sure if it really matters where I am for a Cloud plan? :shrug:

2. Ric-Tic

Ric-Tic Forum Resident

I just throwing this out there because I intend to use Digital Ocean has a host for a website. The podcast Late Night Linux is sponsered by Digital Ocean, and offer a 100 USD credit to their listeners. I have not read the fine print or terms and conditions, if any, for the offer. No affilitation with DO or Late Night Linux. See bottom of the page Late Night Linux

Edit: You need to get your hands a little bit dirty using Digital Ocean. There are excellent tutorials on their website (and elsewere on internet) how to set up your own cloud storage. I would compare them against what Amazon offers.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  3. noway

noway Forum Resident

Why not buy another dirt cheap 2TB USB drive and store the backup offsite, rather than paying monthly for something? Not only that, you won't have to waste your time and money downloading all your files from the cloud if things go bad.

4. Ignominious

Ignominious Knock and Know All!

I'm not sure what pricing you think is good value but Apple charge £6.99 per month for 2TB of storage which seems pretty reasonable to me. They next level down in their pricing range is £2.99pm for just 2GB of storage.

5. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

A combo of google drive and a dupe 2tb drive has worked fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.