Cloudy residue inside of Mofi UltraClear Outer Sleeves?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Fekx, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Fekx

Fekx Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello guys,

I just got an pack of 50 mofi UltraClear Outer Sleeves in the hopes to be finally done with the search for good outer sleeves.

However, I noticed some sort of aberration in the inside of all the 50 sleeves - please take a look at the photo I made:

[​IMG]

It's definitely not air nor moisture, I can confirm that.
    These sleeves are made from polypropylene but I never noticed that kind of residue (?).
    I need long term safety storage for my valuable records so I have to ask if someone noticed the same behavior, maybe another user who has experiences with the mofi ulra clear sleeves.
    It may be no concern at all - just want to make sure - really dont want to have some sort of damage to the jackets years later.

Thanks a lot! :wave:

2. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

No replies? I picked this thread to revive to find a good reco on outer sleeves. Was thinking about Mofi. I want clarity on the spines and good fit.

Thanks for suggestions!!

3. nutsfortubes

nutsfortubes They tried to kill us, and we won!

4. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

5. JonnieGopher

JonnieGopher Well-Known Member

I normally use Vinyl Solutions but I've never had an issue with Mofi UltraClear. Could have been a batch issue for him?

6. nutsfortubes

nutsfortubes They tried to kill us, and we won!

No not loose at all.

Boltman92124 likes this.
  7. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

That looks more like a change of shade where the back and front are actually in contact than any form of residue.

8. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

I had some like this that was due to cleaning fluid somehow getting stuck between them. I requested a replacement.

LeeS likes this.
  9. __Patrick__

__Patrick__ Forum Resident

I've seen this on both MoFi and Sleeve City sleeves. Seems like some kind of oil or something. I take paper towels and wipe out the insides before I insert vinyl.

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I just bought around 20 packs of the MFSL Ultraclear and I did not have any issues like this. I think MFSL will make it right.