Columbo: ”The Most Dangerous Match”. Laurence Harvey must have been deathly ill during filming!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Roy Crossland, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Crossland

Roy Crossland Forum Resident Thread Starter

It may not be the best Columbo episode but I like it. It was aired on 4 march 1973 and Laurence Harvey died of stomach cancer on 25 november 1973. He must have been really ill during filming, though I don’t think it shows!

I think Laurence was a good actor with a promising future but his career kind of halted too early.

2. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Liked his performance in ' The Magic Christian '.
    As for this episode of ' Columbo ' , one of my least favourites.

3. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

He's great in The Manchurian Candidate, The Long, the Short and the Tall, and Room at the Top - and in other films that aren't so great.

4. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

I like this episode of Columbo. Harvey is good. I also like him in The Manchurian Candidate and the Night Gallery episode about the ear wig. The Night Gallery episode was from 1972, a year earlier than the Columbo episode. I read that he was already sick then. Good actor, died too young.

5. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I always included this one among my least favorite Columbo episodes, but I've watched it again a few times recently (IMDB has all episodes of Columbo and The Rockford Files available to watch for FREE on Amazon) and I like it much more than I used to. And it has two favorite actors, Lloyd Bochner and Jack Kruschen, who was very good in it.

6. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

My favorite LH performance is the Hitchcock episode "Arthur". Hitch himself directed.

[​IMG]

7. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

For the famous earwig episode he stopped taking his pain medication for the sake of his pained performance, which was tough to watch anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.