Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Perhaps there’s more than one available on GH site but they’ll only let you buy one now?

2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Not true. I've been monitoring them and have been able to add 10, 8, 5, 3, to the cart as they dwindled down - only limited by the available amount. There is one left because there is one left.

chacha likes this.
  3. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

IT IS GONE! 10:38 A.M. Pacific time.
    Now the wolves come out . . .

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

People watch ebay sales for all kinds of reasons - whenever I see something at a ridiculous price, for example, it has a ton of watchers. Maybe that’s it? Maybe they have extras of their own to sell and want to see how quickly a $580 one goes? I doubt they’re prospective buyers...

Sargon likes this.
  5. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I would really like to get those four test pressing LP discs somehow...

Jack Lumber and Jerry Horne like this.
  6. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Excellent points - you made. When I think about it, I do the exact same thing for the same reasons. - to see what things are selling for/ what I possess might be worth. I confess I also wonder if that 580.00 set plus 80.00 for shipping will get a buyer. No better way to find out, than to "watch/follow" the item. It also save me time trying to "find" it when I want to check on the item.

mrjinks likes this.
  7. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

And yet at 11:32 GMT today the George Harrison website sends an e-mail advertising the limited edition set... that’ll be a disappointing link for some people to follow!

mrjinks likes this.
  8. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - I Need You (Taken from Concert For George)

9. Theatrical Listings

Celebrate the life and music of George Harrison with this special worldwide theatrical release of Concert For George.

Experience the legendary tribute concert on the big screen in remastered 5.1 stereo sound at your local cinema starting on 2/20/18.

Link: Theatrical Listings

10. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Vinyl Box Set - Official Unboxing Trailer

milankey likes this.
  11. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Its going to cinemas. as it seems to appear, ZERO new footage included.

12. mrjinks

I'm curious if this entire set will be included in the deluxe box as is, or will it be packaged differently (perhaps not including the exterior LP box?). Hopefully they'll post an unboxing for THAT soon...

13. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

Just noticed that the delux box sets both with and without test pressings are stated expected dispatch in early April. Didn’t notice this before. Just thought I’d mention it in case it’s a recent edit.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  14. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I already own the CD and Blu Ray releases, so is there any reason to pick up this new release?

15. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Nop. Same content.

16. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Unless it's been remastered, I guess.

17. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Really no new content, but now available in the vinyl format. It does looks like the 40-page booklet may simply be an upsized and re-formatted version of the 28-page CD booklet - with no new essays or photos - is that the case?

I'm not a huge vinyl completist, and to me, this is really more a re-issue than a new release to get worked up about. Moreover, if i were looking to spend more on this wonderful event, i would be looking at the Genesis book.

I do hope to catch a screening in St Louis on Mar 1.

(If you love George's music and - for some reason - don't already have this in some form, this is a must-get! A cut way above your typical tribute concert, the music was thoughtfully arranged by Clapton and lovingly performed by a group of musicians and friends close to George.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Critter likes this.
  18. Where did you read that ? The Harrison site still lists the release date for all versions as the end of this week ? Including the deluxe sets. Has it been changed ?

19. chacha

I’m assuming the upcoming theater showing of this is the theatrical cut that was shown in theaters some 15 years ago and not the complete concert?

longdist01 likes this.
  20. mrjinks

Right on the website:
    [​IMG]

21. chacha

Well that’s disappointing

22. Thanks.

Funny the same site says this :

February 25th marks what would have been George’s 75th birthday. In love and remembrance, CONCERT FOR GEORGE will be reissued on February 23rd, as a Deluxe Edition Box Set, a 4-LP Box Set, plus new CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray combo packages.

23. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The vinyl DOES have content that was exclusive to the video release, so you could consider that "new" if you collect audio only releases.

24. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I don’t buy vinyl, personally.

25. trickster

trickster Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.