Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

UNBELIEVABLE!

2. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

Complaint filed.... copy below.

I am now In Receipt of my package and confirm that only 1no. Test pressing is included.

Please consider all correspondence going forward as a complaint rather than an enquiry!

Having raised this issue previously, I have received no considered and meaningful response to date In Respect of the missing test pressings

Having seen and discussed this issue on a web forum with other purchasers, it would appear that after some extraordinary procrastination the official line is that it was only ever intended to issue a single TP disc.

I concur with my fellow buyers that this is an unacceptable response.

The description is clear- it is not simply a case of someone having typed “4” instead of “1”. A full set of test pressings is what is advertised. 15 sets of test pressings is what is advertised.

What is more is that this issue should have come to light earlier and some form of official communication sent out.

If a satisfactory resolve is not forthcoming, it could be considered to be false advertising, or misrepresentation.

Having spent a great deal of money, I have had to pay nearly $130 in import and VAT... not your problem per se, but that charge is based on he declared value of goods.

The goods value is determined by the fact that 15 buyers were prepared to pay the extra $100 for the extra discs.

I do not have those discs- so I have paid duties on items not in my possession.

The customer service here is slow and so far offered results way below reasonable expectation.

In order to try and resolve this issue swiftly, I see 2no obvious options for recourse;

1. Send out those missing TP discs- I have a TP for LP1. I am missing TPs 2, 3, and 4.

2. Reimbursement of $75 (the pro rata value for 3 of the 4 discs) plus $25 to cover the approximate difference in import costs based on the overall package value, now less the $75 refund.

This partial refund- whilst a very disappointing conclusion would at least put right an unfortunate series of events.

Naturally a full set of TPs is my preferred resolve, and assuming that it is possible I would expect this to be the resolution.

A partial refund should only be a last resort should the full set, for whatever as yet undisclosed reason, be unavailable.

The partial refund should not be considered a quick fix option to close this case.

I will be opening a dispute with PayPal immediately due to the 180 day limitation that is fast approaching.

I am open to any alternative offers of compensation- to be mutually agreed prior to settlement. Please advise of any such offers at you earliest convenience.

Sincerely

theMess, Calico and mrjinks like this.
  3. Bootleghofner

Bootleghofner Forum Resident

Worded much better than I ever could (not being a native English speaker). Still had no response since Tuesday. What I did get was a query:

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service and support team from Bravado Customer Care. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking the link below. We encourage you to leave comments and feedback so we can improve our service.

How did we do?

You can imagine my reply..............

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  4. Bootleghofner

The latest reply by 'Customer Care':

Hi there, (Whatever happend to Dear Sir or Madam?)

Thanks for your reply, and thank you for this feedback. We appreciate it! This has been noted and will be promptly reviewed by our staff.

Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to provide any compensation for the miscommunication regarding these products. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you'd prefer to return your order for a refund, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Hayley + Bravado Customer Care

The arrogance displayed in their answers is bugging me no end. "We are unable to provide any compensation" WTF???
    I will await my PayPal claim, as I don't have any faith in this bunch of moneygrabbers to offer me a decent solution to this travesty.

theMess likes this.

5. HAVE AT IT:

Dhani Harrison (@dhaniharrison_) | Twitter

George Harrison (@GeorgeHarrison) | Twitter

Craft Recordings (@CraftRecordings) | Twitter

ReckoningPR (@ReckoningPR) | Twitter

The Beatles (@thebeatles) | Twitter

6. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

But they are offering you a refund if you want to return it.

7. Yes a full refund is fair however I totally get his point. They screwed up and should at least refund him the the $100. or at least $75. The set with the test pressings was $100 more than the Deluxe as I recall, so 4 test pressings would work out to $25 each. Since they only sent one, then refund $75.

It's a screwed up thing they are doing but he is getting these responses from some label distribution wonk and not anyone from the estate or label who matters. That's why I suggest taking it to social media if he really want a satisfactory response.

longdist01, chacha and forthlin like this.
  8. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Incredible. A few thoughts:

1) “Refund” as in FULL refund? As in ALL shipping, handling, taxes & customs feed?
    2) Keep tweets EXTREMELY short & concise - is too easy to lose people w all the facts of the matter - keep it at the high-level “FRAUD” - not shipping what is was clearly offered, cause that is what it is.
    3) “Escalate” w any further messages to the fulfillment company as CSR is giving run-around, and initiate “Dispute” proceedings w PayPal and/or Visa/MC.

BTW, you are NOT looking for “compensation for the miscommunication” - you are looking for reimbursement for what they promised (the offer) but failed to deliver - big difference.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Mr. Explorer, theMess, Calico and 2 others like this.
  9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Not to mention a full refund/return would mean you can't even get the "deluxe set" period, unless you want to take your chances on the secondhand market...

I do wonder, though, how effective the social media thing is if you don't have enough "followers" to embarrass them. For example, I have a twitter account - just to access twitter and enter an occasional contest or something - but I doubt any tweet would even be noticed on George Harrison's account. And my handful of followers (how did I even get any?) wouldn't be likely to wage war on my behalf.

theMess likes this.
  10. Post and inbox at their Facebook site then. I did when I had an issue regarding major delays of Macca colored vinyl. AI also inboxed them and they got back to me and forwarded by issue and I got a PayPal refund right away. I know that is not what you want but it is about their number of follows and not yours or mine.

11. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Just an update on my side:
    they had said they would look into possible replacement of box replacement...
    then I wrote them back said I would greatly appreciate it and days went by.
    Then yesterday, I got an email telling me to stop sending double emails as that will delay everything more ... wtf ? .. a damn banana republic they're running.

I do really dig my piece of the wall of sound!
    [​IMG]

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Good to know. I don't have an issue here - my item arrived ok. I'm just following along with all the stories here and hope to see better resolutions than what they're offering for my SHF chums.

13. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I don't think it matters if the topic goes viral.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  14. Charlie DJ

Charlie DJ Forum Resident

Keep up the good fight.

longdist01 likes this.
  15. Jack Lumber

I think probably everyone here would concur that retuning is not on option.

We are all fans who collect, so to return it would only be shooting ourselves in the foot over a principle- and they know we are unlikely to do that.

When they reply to me presumably offering the same option to return I will point out that they took $30 to ship it which is lost money, plus at least the same again to return it- that’s already $60.

Even if they tell me I will have to claim the disputed import charges back from HMRC, I’m only then asking for another $15 to make the $75- so why not just refund me and end it.

All that aside, I’m confident that my proposed partial refund which I will be suggesting to PayPal will be actioned if they fail to produce the missing discs.

Mazzy, longdist01 and Smackswell like this.
  16. Smackswell

Smackswell Kossoff & Ralphs LA 76

Remember the good old days when the customer is always right. Its not pennies (or cents) that you're spending. Don't let it go, its the thin end of the wedge. If they get away with it here how can any of you feel confident in the future to order sight unseen online when what is effectively advertised (yes!) is not what you get. Could the missing discs have been siphoned off on a corporate basis and f**k those few who signed up (and paid) for an opportunity of a lifetime. I think it was turned into an PR opportunity for some bigwigs? to enjoy them behind closed doors instead of those already paid up punters. Somebody screwed up and it wasn't you.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. I think they just screwed up the copy in the promos and never corrected it.

18. Smackswell

Smackswell Kossoff & Ralphs LA 76

Remember, we are in the days of Cut & Paste. Pasted from what though?

19. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

One little cherry on my cake- a not unpleasant cut of canvas- but best of all... numbered zero-zero-zero-nine! I’ll see you there on Cloud 9! :pineapple:[/QUOTE]

0009!!!! YOU DOG!
    I see from here that WHEN you order has nothing to do with the number you get. But did you order early?

Jerry Horne likes this.
  20. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Never heard back from Customer Service. Will start a PayPal claim.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  21. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

On January 17th, 2018, I pre-ordered the deluxe George Harrison box set 'Concert For George' for $450.00 + $33.70 shipping. It was advertised as including a complete set (4) of vinyl test pressings. When the package finally arrived, it only contained one (1) test pressing. In the third week of June, I tried contacting them about the missing test pressings, however, to date, I have not received a reply.

I have been in contact with two other people who ordered this set and both of them have told me they only received one out of the four test pressings as well. At least one of them has also filed a claim.

They have changed the wording on their product description to remove mention of four test pressings, however, I made a screen grab of the description as a means of visual proof that the description originally (at the time I pre-ordered) was for four test pressings. I can provide the screen grab if requested. I also have my original email order confirmation that mentions "test pressingS", which, again I can provide. You will also notice that the URL of the product description still says "test pressingS"

At no time was I notified that the offer of four test pressings was reduced to one.

I feel as though spending $100.00 additional for four test pressings, yet only receiving one, a refund of $75.00 would be exact and fair.

Maranatha5585 and mrjinks like this.
  22. Jack Lumber

Similar to mine...

Universal Music Group,
    The original listing included a full set of 4 test pressings as part of the advertised bundle- these sold out straight away (17.01.18). After a long delayed delivery there is only 1 out of the 4 test pressings included. This was known to be an issue as other buyers earlier reported the same situation via on-line forums, and I reported my concerns to the seller as early as 14.06.18, but issue was ignored in their initial responses (although the website listing has been altered since to remove reference to a full set of 4 test pressings). I have screenshots of the original listing taken on 14.06.2018, and all e-mailled correspondence- I can forward if required. I understand that other buyers have opened disputes with PayPal against this seller on this same issue. Some have had a response from the seller advising that they only intended to include 1 disc and have refused them any kind of refund. It is the general consensus that the seller's Customer Service is slow and poor. I would prefer to receive the advertised full set of 4 test pressings, however, if the is is not forthcoming or for some reason not possible, then the missing pressings represent a pro rata $75 dollar value (three quarters of the additional $100 mark up on the set without test pressings). I will also have overpaid import and VAT ( a further £15/ $20 approx.) based on the difference in value of goods. I have now formally confirmed the missing test pressings to the seller asking for dispatch of the 3no missing discs, partial refund, or as yet to be offered or agreed alternative compensation. I await their further response, but raise this dispute based on the poor responses to-date, generally slow and unsatisfactory responses to me (and other buyers), their recent underhanded change to the listing description (despite the product being sold out and unavailable for nearly 6 months), and the near expired 180 day limit on opening a case. I look forward to a swift positive outcome.

23. Jack Lumber

0009!!!! YOU DOG!
    I see from here that WHEN you order has nothing to do with the number you get. But did you order early?[/QUOTE]
    Well I was one of the unlucky few to get their hands on a test pressing... so I must have been one of the first 20 or so through the door I would think.

24. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I am amazed to report that I have just received an email from FH Customer Service from Hayley... and it said that my replacement box was sent out Friday via Fedex. It had a tracking link, when I clicked, it said coming tomorrow.
    Will post final results, tomorrow.. I am cautiously optimistic I may be getting a new mint box. The email run goes on since June 11, about a month of battering emails. I really let them have it, and it may have paid off. We'll see...

25. Bootleghofner

Well, well. Maybe they'll start sending out the missing Test Pressings as well.........
    :crazy::unhunh::unhunh:

Maranatha5585 and Jerry Horne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.