Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm 21 and I love it! :D

2. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I'm almost 39, I feel like 21, and I love it too

3. Claudio Dirani

I'll buy it!

4. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

You didn't know, prior to that, that he's been doing that since the mid-60's?

5. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

Ummm, hate to burst the bubble....

http://musictap.net/2011/02/01/tapsheet-release-notes-02012011/

"Hear Music continues the Paul McCartney catalogue absorption with the reissue of Run Devil Run (1999), Driving Rain (2001), and Chaos & Creation In The Back Yard (2005), all of which are destined for May 24 on CD."

Simply standard reissues, or will we get the b-sides, the Creation at Abbey Road dvd, some of the awesome european tv appearances from RDR promotion, the RDR interview disc.... these could be quite cool, or just superfluous reissues to fulfill the contract...

6. Claudio Dirani

it's been posted. We actually have some conflict here, as another source claimed that the re-issues will actually be Mc I and II. No word if they'll all come along with RDR, DR and CACITB.

7. 905

905 Senior Member

There might as well be a batch of them released every year, so I hope both rumors are right.

8. Claudio Dirani

What it seems is that none of this stuff sound like rumours, but pieces of a puzzle scattered around, as we haven't had the official word from Hear Music/MPL as yet.

9. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Exactly -- if they don't release 5 or 6 albums a year, it'll take a decade to get them all out! I think BOTH rumors could be accurate, and we'll get some higher profile reissues and some lower profile reissues. I actually suspect the more recent ones would probably fall into the "low profile" category, simply because they are relatively new and the public has presumably rendered judgement on them and can still remember how they felt. These will just be re-released under the Concord banner to keep them available.

The older titles, like Macca and Macca II, will be the high-profile, bonus-laden, "Let me introduce you to some old friends" reissues. I wouldn't even be shocked if all FIVE of the rumored titles are released at the same time, but only the two McCartney albums get the big publicity push. Then we could still have six months to clear the decks for a lavish 40th Anniversary Ram set in the Fall.

10. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Me and my OCD wish they’d do it chronologically.

11. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

:agree:

12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I have similar compulsions myself -- non-chronological "best of"s drive me crazy -- but with this I wouldn't mind it so much. Honestly, a LOT of my favorite Macca is from the past 15 years, and if I was offered a bonus disc of Ram outtakes vs a bonus disc of Flaming Pie outtakes RIGHT NOW, I'd take the latter in a heartbeat. Heresy, I know, and don't worry -- I want it ALL.... I may even find myself buying McCartney II for the first time on CD!

Basically, I'll take whatever they're dishing out, and I would LOVE a guarantee from Paul or Concord that they will see this project through to the very end, with promises of at least 2-disc reissues of every single regular pop album in his catalog. We could be at the edge of a very exciting (and expensive) few years...

13. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

His late 80s output through now barely made decent single LPs and you want 2 CD sets of everything? That's an awful lot of filler IMO. Don't get me wrong here. I'm a huge McCartney fan. I've bought every release starting with McCartney in 1970 when I was 10. But...there was a severe drop in quality starting with Press To Play and it has continued to this day. It has always irritated me that a lot of the b sides that weren't on his albums were to me anyway much better/stronger than what was on the actual albums; case in point all the CD singles from Off The Ground. I just don't see 2 CDs worth of good material to be had. You could flesh out the regular albums with the non LP b sides but that's already been done except in a few cases. You want live material he has plenty of live CDs to choose from. Put all the stray non LP tracks in a box set and call it a day. I doubt he has that much vault material if any that's going to blow us away. My 3 cents.

14. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.