Craft Recordings "Small Batch" One-Step

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PlateMail, Jan 8, 2021.

1. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Is there somewhere to order this from now? I am willing to take a chance as I love that Coltrane record. Is it only available through Craft? I do not see it listed yet...

2. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

Comes up as 404, either it crashed from all the clicks or they took it down until tomorrow.

scotti likes this.
  3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

only reason I think $100 is because when AP did Hendrix UHQR and upcoming KOB 33 both are priced at $100. At least i hope its not $125 because then i can see everyone doing 45 going up to $150 eeek

Dougthesnail likes this.
  4. Dougthesnail

That would make sense then. Either way it will be gone in less than 24 hours because it's Coltrane and extremely limited. If the One-Steps prices spike so high this will be four figures not long after release.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  5. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

A little Big Star would go far...

warren and scotti like this.
  6. Dougthesnail

The recent reissues they did were fantastic. If they're sticking to 33 1/3, I don't think I'd shell out $100 just for Supervinyl.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  7. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

Oh my, very exciting...maybe we will see a budget friendly press in a few months. Fingers crossed. I don't require all the extra packaging and "super vinyl" to enjoy this title. Give me a BG mastered, tip-on style sleeve with a standard RTI pressing and I will be happy.

Lucca90, IanL, Christopher B and 2 others like this.
  8. YEX 750-1

YEX 750-1 Long-winded Brother

I think the preorder will go live tomorrow when it's officially announced, will only be available through Craft.

scotti and Echoes Myron like this.
  9. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I'm in for this.

10. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Oooooh, Lush Life was the first Coltrane album (actually, maybe the first jazz album) I ever bought - back sometime in the mid 90s when I got my first n0t-my-parents' turntable. I'm 100% in!!!!

11. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I would so be all over either one or both. They have never been able to get those records quite right, of course they were not the best sounding in the first place, but oh how I love that band. Was fortunate to be a fan at their start. Great shoutout from you, and I could truly see this happening. My favorite version is the original UK Abbey Road master of #1 Record/Radio City combined.

All I have is a SACD of "Lush Life" which I will fire up when I'm finished with the TT later on.

I'm really getting a bit nervous/excited about all the awesome vinyl we are going to have coming our way this year.

edit - thanks for the feedback on when LL can be ordered! The nervous mention is regarding how much $$$ will be spent during the year, not about the quality.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

It will only be available through Craft's site. The press release isn't meant to be out yet (it's dated for tomorrow).

scotti likes this.
  13. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

If the quality is good on this series (pressed at RTI and remastered AAA by Bernie, so not many reasons to think why it WON'T be good), this series will be even more intriguing to me than the MoFi One Steps or the Impex One Steps. Craft/Concord has access to SO many good titles across a lot of genres.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

could use a nice copy of lush life, so this is definitely for me. the packaging looks super desirable.

15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Agreed.

16. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

They may have pulled the wrong tapes. The AP 45, originally released in 2003, used the original tapes from the initial recordings. All other versions up to that point used the lp master. Perhaps more recent releases have used the lp master as well? Maybe that tape has suffered?

17. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

I have an ACE vinyl reissue of #1 Record from the 1980's, digitally sourced, that is an easier listen than most other versions I've heard. Go figure.

joshm2286 likes this.
  18. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

19. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Forum Resident

Agree. Charlie Brown Christmas is such a fantastic album it deserves the one step treatment. I was fortunate to get the Analogue Productions 33 rpm version for $35 a couple years ago from Acoustic Sounds. But this needs to be made available again as an analogue version at an affordable price relative to the Discogs price.

Also, I'm in for the John Coltrane Lush Life one step since I don't have the Analogue Productions version.

Christopher B and mikemoon like this.
  20. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Anybody have an idea of what time thusnwill be announced and preorders opened today?

21. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

ABSOLUTELY! I don't trust Craft to use reputable pressing plants. MRP is not amongst the latter.

McLover and Tommyboy like this.
  22. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I think Kevin Gray mentioned those CBC tapes are in pretty bad shape.

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Doubtful. The Hoffman/Gray versions already sound terrific and CCR albums are always short. Switching to a 2xLP format would give you 2 short songs/side.

bloodlemons and Christopher B like this.
  24. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

The latter what? The words "former" and "latter" are used when 2 things are talked about. You only mentioned one.

25. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

They have already said it's being pressed at RTI as they are the only ones with the One Step process...

bloodlemons and Strat-Mangler like this.