Craft Recordings "Small Batch" One-Step

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PlateMail, Jan 8, 2021.

1. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Lush Life is supposed to go on sale today, correct?

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Thats the rumor but so far it hasnt and no official announcement

3. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

I'm thinking it's another day or two until it's available. It's nearly 1:00 pm central and listings like this are usually out by 9 am pacific/10 eastern, although I think MMJ did 11 PST for some SRX drops.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Swordsandchains and Echoes Myron like this.
  4. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

SRX was all over the place. The Shorter Speak No Evil was at like 8AM EST on a saturday. I'm hoping this is out today as I have spent most of the day refreshing. With my luck, as soon as I stop refreshing, it'll be released.

Latech and Swordsandchains like this.
  5. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I can't wait!

6. Swordsandchains

cmon, give me the order button already!

Mike H. and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  7. Finger is getting sore from hitting F5 over at the craft site

DavidJ, Swordsandchains and Mike H. like this.
  8. Swordsandchains

been at it since 4:30 am hahah

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  9. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

If they're doing a Youtube Promo to get the word out I doubt it will be on sale today. Doesn't make sense to do that and then drop it simultaneously.

10. I don’t disagree, but to do a YouTube video as a promo and not include a release date or info on how to get release news doesn’t make much sense either.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  11. With only 1k copies I would much prefer they do as little promotion as possible lol. Last thing I need is a fight like the Music Matters 2020 SRX releases

12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

it looks like the youtube promo is only for the header for the microsite. the title is something like "DO NOT PUBLISH PUBLICLY"

13. LOL did not realize that at first

Mike H. likes this.
  14. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

Good to know I’m not the only one getting stressed out about ordering this.

In all my years of collecting music this is the 1st time I’ve seen a dedicated page for a new product that features an order button for an older pressing. Is this all just an elaborate ruse to sell more copies of the existing Lush Life? This series is real, right?

15. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

kinda hoping it goes up at 3PM EST which would be noon PST...but really grasping at straws here haha. haven't gotten any work done today. OOPS!

16. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I see stuff like this all the time. They are essentially beta testing the website/layout but the actual project isn't out yet. The only reason why people know the site is because of the press release that wasn't supposed to be released yet either but someone found a google cached page of it. If you go to concord's official press site, the press release is password protected.

A similar thing happens with every VMP Anthology page too. They set up the site and don't link it to anything but people still find it before it goes on sale.

17. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

i assume they will be up for pre-order with a later ship date when they do go live on their website.
    there is likely no date in the video since they probably don't know when exactly the vinyl can ship.

18. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

release date is feb 19, 2021. it's on the concord press release page.

Concord Online Media Kit Builder - Online Media Kit

DeRosa and Swordsandchains like this.
  19. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

Where after the new product description there is an order button for an older pressing of the same LP? That’s the part that amazes me.

20. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

"release date" means, i think it means "street date" or "ship date", so it still begs the question when a pre-order goes live.

The other records listed there, like the CCR bundle for Feb 12th "release" is already on the Craft website for pre-order,
    notes it ships Feb 12.
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Pendulum & Mardi Gras (Half-Speed Master 2-LP Bundle)

Mike H. likes this.
  21. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

I wonder what pressing that cheaper version is. I don't see a Craft pressing in discogs; could it be OJC?

22. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

it's not a publicly posted link yet really so they likely don't even know that people have found the microsite. they just have a placeholder in there. it's a shopify store, so they needed to put something temporary that's in their store temporarily while they tested the layout.

As i said, people only found the link because they found the press release that isn't out yet, then found the URL that hasn't been posted anywhere yet. even the URL shortener link isn't up. This isn't all that uncommon IMO.

fndrblndr likes this.
  23. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

Fair enough. If they bother to check the traffic on the microsite they will see that I’m beating the eff out of it. :)

DeRosa and Mike H. like this.
  24. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

you could be right. the press release is dated today though and says it's available at craftrecordings.com so i'd be surprised if it doesn't go live today. i could definitely be wrong but would be weird to have the press release announcing it with no other date and then not have it go on sale today.

Greenmonster2420 and DeRosa like this.
  25. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I've been hovering here until someone spreads the word. I can't find an official working link. If I get it great, if not, oh well. I don't like these panic FOMO type of things. But here I am. LOL.

fndrblndr likes this.