Crashing (HBO series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Anyone else watching this?

It stars Pete Holmes as a want to be comic who finds out his wife is cheating on hm and winds up homeless and shuffling from one comedians couch to another. Also stars Artie Lange (who may already be fired due to a drug bust), Sara Silverman, TJ Miller, and a few other notables in recurring roles.

I think it's pretty good; any other opinions?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I think every episode has been great. I don't usually laugh out loud. But I do watching this show. I like everyone in it. Even the ex wife.

GodShifter likes this.
  3. GodShifter

She was the cute guard in the first (or maybe second) season of "Orange is the New Black". I like her, too.

4. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I love this show. The only episode I thought was sub-par was the one with his parents. I
    hope `Crashing' doesn't go the way of `Hello Ladies'.....in other words, gone after one
    season.

5. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

It's pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

The influence of "Seinfeld" on this show is noticeable-and that's a good thing. I love how Pete presents himself as somewhat of a wimp, but when he has to can throw down with the insults. I'm surprised that FX didn't snap this guy up-he would fit in perfectly on that network.

7. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Artie Lange bugs the **** out of me as he's a total slob who I'm counting the minutes until he ends up O.D.'d, and Pete Holmes comes off too wimpy, so no I don't really like it.

Scott222C likes this.
  8. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Great show. Love all that I've seen but I missed a few.

9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I read that Lange was recently arrested (again) for possession and has been fired from the show. Which I find weird in the sense that the show's based on the 'reality' of stand-up comedy. Guess he was a little too real!

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Artie is actually a very funny guy, but it's been sad to watch his downward slide over the last few years.

RoyalScam and unclesalty like this.
  11. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I like it. I think it balances the comedy and drama well, but has potential to do both of those things better. I especially loved the episode with Sarah Silverman which I think did just that, but perhaps Silverman just elevates whatever she's in.

Chris from Chicago and Deesky like this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm with you on Sarah Silverman. The show has its ups and downs and a fair bit of flat too. Pete's ex-wife storyline didn't really work for me (though I love Lauren Lapkus, such a cutie).

So, a mixed bag. Best joke of the season was the discussion about dick-pic etiquette with chicken-wing guy - that actually made me laugh! :)

GodShifter and mikeyt like this.
  13. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I agree. I'm awaiting S2 b/c I think the show has potential to be really good, all the elements are there. It just needs to find it's footing, and maybe more Sarah Silverman. I also really liked the episode with Jenn Lyon as the angry ex-wife of Leaf; lots of great jokes there along a serious storyline, like when she tells Pete about two divorcees who have sex with each other (and like it) after their respective spouses cheated and then invites him to the bathroom.

14. GodShifter

I thought the last episode was a bit poor. Artie Lange's "acting" is pretty terrible and the whole baptism thing just didn't work for me. The show definitely has potential but it needs to tighten up a bit.

Chris from Chicago and Deesky like this.
  15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, the final episode was really dreadful. I don't know what they were thinking. They could have ended the season with the penultimate episode just fine.

GodShifter likes this.
  16. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

That was the final episode?! There were only 9?

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

There were 8 eps.

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My bad...that phantom 9th one in my brain must have been the funny one. I think I'm out...

19. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Loved the Springsteen poster on the wall in Artie's apartment!

20. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Season 2, ep1 was maybe my favorite one yet. This guy is really likable. But he's... uptight. A little buttoned up. Nice to see him unclench a little.

ex_mixer likes this.
  21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Hey, season 3 is here! Watched the first ep and I thought it was pretty good. It continues from where it left off last season. The main plot development I predicted early on, but it was still enjoyable.

He reminds me of Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond days...

GodShifter likes this.
  22. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I like the irony that Holmes plays a loser sleeping on everyone's couch, but it's his show!

George P likes this.
  23. George P

George P Notable Member

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

25. George P

George P Notable Member

JackBnimble likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.